Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 04 Colorado a couple of weeks ago. It has a service 4wd light on. I have replaced the front actuator, tccm, transfer case shift motor, and push button selector and still have no 4wd. I have been testing voltages today and have found that the light blue wire on the front actuator is not getting power. Anybody know what steps to take now?

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
:welcome:

Not sure that I can help much. I have never owned or worked on a 4wd vehicle. However, I do have access to the Service Manual and until someone comes by to give you some first hand info, I'll pass on some stuff from the Manual.

The Blue wire comes from the TCCM. The circuit passes through two inline connectors before it gets to the actuator. You might check for voltage at those connectors. One is located somewhere close to the air intake. It is a four pin connector. You can probably find it by back tracking from the actuator. The other connector is a 10 pin connector located in the vicinity of the battery.

You might also check the ground point for the TCCM. It is G106 which is located on the fender wall behind the air filter case. Remove the attach bolt for the box and clean the mating surfaces on the tab and the fender. Pull LIGHTLY on the wires going into the box to check for broken ones. Pic to follow:

·
Registered
441 Posts
that light blue wire may not get power if the TCCM is not commanding it on. (code or condition not met) check that light blue wire for power at the TCCM first, if its there but not at the axle then you have a harness concern. otherwise something is causing the TCCM to keep it off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just went out to take a look. Found a ten pin connector between the battery and fuse box. The light blue wire appears to be missing some coating but no wires are exposed. However there are a few other wires on the plug that are chaffed through and corroded. What else runs through that plug

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Just went out to take a look. Found a ten pin connector between the battery and fuse box. The light blue wire appears to be missing some coating but no wires are exposed. However there are a few other wires on the plug that are chaffed through and corroded. What else runs through that plug
It appears that the connector in question only has circuits for 4wd components.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I fixed all the wires. Plugged everything back in. Now have 12v at blue wire on actuator but still have no 4wd. And no lights on the 4wd selector switch after lamp test.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update. Still chasing wiring, but for the time being I hooked up a jumper wire from the actuator to a toggle switch under the dash and manually put the t-case in 4hi. Took it for a spin in the snow in the field and everything works as it should. Which leads me to believe it's definitely a wiring issue

1 - 10 of 10 Posts