Registered
893 Posts
Almost looks like two sets of rears....

Did they send the wrong thing??

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are those the adjustable front shocks, like rrcn's?

Yup

Almost looks like two sets of rears....

Did they send the wrong thing??

No,I was afraid of that too when I looked at the boxes,but it's all right.The boxes look the same because for the fronts you have to use the stock bottom plate,so they fit in the smaller box,I'll get a couple pics.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Left is the front,right is the rear.Also Josue,I was going to actually do the coilovers but they were on backorder for an unknown amount of time.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
That's right, I do remember you posting that somewhere.

So how much of a drop are you looking at with the shock/spring setup?

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
I want to go down another inch all around. Is this the way I should go?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's right, I do remember you posting that somewhere.

So how much of a drop are you looking at with the shock/spring setup?

3 inchs total(2 on the zq8)

I want to go down another inch all around. Is this the way I should go?

This would do it but I'll find out if it's the way to go.From the way rrcn talked though these front shocks handle great.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
No,I was afraid of that too when I looked at the boxes,but it's all right.The boxes look the same because for the fronts you have to use the stock bottom plate,so they fit in the smaller box,I'll get a couple pics.
how do you go about removing the bottom spring perch from the stock shocks?

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Did you mean the top plate? I don't know if the stock bottom plates are removable? But I've never had stock shocks apart either. Maybe Rudy can shine some light on this..

edit- Well, looking at your pic up there of the shock, I guess the stock one would HAVE to be removable. What else is the spring going to sit on?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you mean the top plate? I don't know if the stock bottom plates are removable? But I've never had stock shocks apart either. Maybe Rudy can shine some light on this..
Nope it's the bottom,says it on the directions.Yeah that would be nice if he could shed some light on this.It must come off though,otherwise it should've come with new ones,or not said use the factory one.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Yup, I imagine it's not even an issue swapping them over. Or else Rudy would've mentioned that it's a PITA in his thread, but I didn't see anything in there about that so it must be a cut and dry install.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yup, I imagine it's not even an issue swapping them over. Or else Rudy would've mentioned that it's a PITA in his thread, but I didn't see anything in there about that so it must be a cut and dry install.
Yeah thats kinda what I figured after I got mine and read the instructions,still keepin my fingers crossed though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts