Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just got the truck shaved and what not a few weeks back. well i installed the solenoids a week ago and there allwas sticking. i dont know why this is. i have to allways pull off the door panels and pull the solenoid thing back out of its thing HAHA. but yeah. why is this keep happening? i got the 45lb pull. and its from protocol.
i have the cheap ones from fbi on the dime and never had this problume befor. so what is going on here?

and u guys with the shaved doors where did yall mount yalls solenoids at anyways?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
i mounted mine under the latch. And if your having to pull on the cable it sounds like it might not be tight enough.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hummm. i couldent get mine to fit under the latch with out the window hitting it comeing down. i got it conected to my pull cable for back up right now. cuase of the location where i had to mount it cause of the window hitting it when it comes down. this is pissing me off. makes me wanna sell the truck LOL jk

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
i mounted mine way down at the bottom. like where the door starts to curve to the bottom,its a real tight fit but it works

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i mounted mine way down at the bottom. like where the door starts to curve to the bottom,its a real tight fit but it works
hummmm i might have to look in to that today. might move that bitch to a better spot then.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i think i might of figured it out. the thing that moves in and out. is getting stuck on the mounting bracket. so i am going to have to take the mounting bracket and grind out the circle lil bit more

·
I haz no truck
3,545 Posts
Did both of you install your kits yourself. I thought i could handle mine, but then i see all the wiring and i changed my mind.

·
I haz no truck
3,545 Posts
I've had it layd out. I'll do it one of these days if i don't sell the truck. Shaving the third brake light was the easiest thing.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
well if you werent so far away id give you a hand. Goto a stereo shop in your area. They usually charge aroun a hundred a door. But it might be worth it to get it done

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wiring for me is no prolbum. i make wire harnesses for motor trike here in texas. so wire digrams and all that shit is easy.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
ill try and get a pic of where i mounted my solenoid. But if you look at your door there is a lil red reflector sticker on the door jam itself, i m ounted mine right under that, Theres a bolt on either side of the rubber weather strip on the door

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ill try and get a pic of where i mounted my solenoid. But if you look at your door there is a lil red reflector sticker on the door jam itself, i m ounted mine right under that, Theres a bolt on either side of the rubber weather strip on the door
haha i dont have that red reflector any more. my door is an after market door i guess. my left side doors are in a scrap yard. LOL but yeah i know where ur talkin about though. i remember the red reflection sticker. and i did try to mount it there. but my damn window was hitting it. so i guess i dident have it close enough out the way. i got mine all the way at the other end of the door on the bottom close to the speakers. with the pull cable ran in a chanel for it want get caught on any thing. but yeah it was getting cought on the damn mounting bracket to the solenoid bolts. so i kinda fixed it for now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts