Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....so i wanna lower my truck, but at the same time, i love the way the Eagle Alloy series 186 wheels look....15x8. can the two of those work together in harmony? here's whats on their site....

15x8 6 on 5.5 -30 mm 3 1/4

thanks guys

Duckie

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
you mean, can you run those wheels AND lower your truck? is that what your asking?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, you nailed it on the head. but somehow, i think they wont work.... because the truck god see's somthing i want, and somehow decides to make it not work...

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOO, they will stick out....alot

you want a +30 offset on a 8" wheel, not negative

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i kinda thought, but i couldnt remember, thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok...

How about a 15x8.... 5.25 Backspace.... *20.32 offset....and a really big smile?!?!?!

·
Registered
757 Posts
that would still stick out a little bit i think...well depends on what you stock offset is pull your center cap and see what is should be +23mm since its 15x6 atleast thats what mine is...

to sit flush on a 15x8 you will need atleast +25-30mm offset i think...im going 20x8.5 prob and i need +35-40 to sit flush...but im gonna get a 30 prob and it sits 3mm outside fender...

so you should look for a 15x8, 5.5 backspace (5.25 might fit), and +25-30 offset...thats what i would aim for...

·
Registered
757 Posts
also use this to help i was having the same questions and the guys here realy helped out so check this out and just play with it a little and see what fits...if you need help let me know took me a few to figure it out lol

Wheel / tire size calculator / comparer - RIMS-N-TIRES

·
Registered
757 Posts
ok...

How about a 15x8.... 5.25 Backspace.... *20.32 offset....and a really big smile?!?!?!
hey duckie i went ahead and ran those numbers and if you go with these it should be good on inside clearance BUT will stick 8mm (.3") outside of fender...so it might not be bad might have to do some trimming on the fender maybe...

if you are looking to sit flush you need atleast a 27mm offset and that would bring it in 1/2 inch closer...so find a 25mm and you should sit near perfect...

also if you lower it you will have to run smaller sidewall to make sure it dont rub...my stocks rub on decent dips and im 3/4 dropped...a 65 or 70 series tire would be best...prob 65 being the better...

ok one more thing these numbers are all according to the calculator im not saying to go right ahead and get them...if i did and u got them and they dont fit then i look like an ass...lol so im just saying sccording to the calculator it looks like it would fit but i suggest test fit before buying...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dude....right now....you are totally my hero...lol

I appreciate it a bunch.

Is there anybody who's runnin 15" wheels with a lowered rado?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Dude....right now....you are totally my hero...lol

I appreciate it a bunch.

Is there anybody who's runnin 15" wheels with a lowered rado?
lol hey no prob bro they help me so now i know i like to help others

anyways like i said im lowered on my stock 15s but as far as Aftermarket 15 i dont thinks so smallest ive seen yet is 17

check out my profiel and look at the pics...like i said thats all stock 225/75/15 and it rubs...already got a small hole in passenger plastic fender...so yeah if you stay with 15 go with a 65 or 70 series tire

1 - 11 of 11 Posts