Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new hub/bearing on my 2005 Canyon SLE 3.5 and I lost one of the 4 bolts that attach the knuckle to the hub. Is that a drawing with part numbers to find these bolts? Has anyone had to purchase these bolts? I need to find the somewhere.

Thanks,
Jimmy

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Take one out and borrow someone elses car and head down to a local bolt and nut supplier. Other than that you'll have to buy them through a GM dealer in person or online.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Good to know on that nalley website. I've seen them give the bolts, but not actually contain the dimensions and thread size. That's a big help and takes out the guesswork. I always do what I suggested above, but that will certainly make life easier.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
I'm not sure what factor GM uses to determine whether or not to include the specs for hardware in the parts manual. Sometimes they are there and sometimes not. Notice in the link that I posted, that the specs are not available for the caliper bracket mount bolts or the rotor attach bolts. :shrug:

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Well the caliper attachment bolts that go in the guide pin are a 9.5mm thread and not produced by very many companies. I learned that the hard way when my caliper started flopping in my rim after I let a shop inspect my brakes before buying my truck. Assholes pulled the caliper off and didn't reapply loctite, not fun when the truck was a week old and I had to go halfway across my state to a dealer that had them in stock at $5.83 a piece.

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
We broke one of those bolts. Endedup getting four new ones from the local Fastenal for less then what the dealer wanted for one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My new rotors are fully threaded and the bolts are stopping at the shoulder of the bolt and not pulling the rotor snug to the hub.
Anyone else experience this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts