Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy some Steel wheels but I am not sure what back spacing and width. My truck is totaly stock right now but I want wheels that will look goos know but also still fit the truck when I get bigger tirtes and a lift. I was thinking of going with 15x8 rock crawlers w 3.75 bs. But they might look pretty supid without a lift lol.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2wd zip sorry. I just found a set of old 15x10 steelies for $50. I might give those a shot. Anyone running 15x10 ? Got pics?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
You won't be able to get a tire wide enough to fit your truck to use a 10" wide rim. So pass on that offer.

Your stock size is probably p225/75-15?

A 3.75" backspace is going to stick out a lot. Z71/offroad trucks usually run an 8" wheel with about 4.5" of backspace. I have backspace around 5 1/8" on my Z85. I drive a 4x4, but our trucks have the same fender trim.
As an example, the wheel you want to go with will push your tire out like 1.5" further than mine is. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it's definitely something you can notice. And mine already stick out an inch or more.

To each their own. You can use that backspace. But with a narrow tire, in my opinion it doesn't look very good.

You might be able to get a 265 wide tire (or 10.5") under your truck but stock height, it's going to be a tough fit. With that, the tire diameter is going to get tall and sure won't fit.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Id try a 15x7 with a 275, anything bigger will prob rub, you can go a lil more on the offset that way without hittin anything

1 - 11 of 11 Posts