Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Will 20x8.5 with ET +18 work? I know they need bored. Off of 2003 seirra. ..custom wheels. Thanks..
An 8.5" +18 wheel has a backspace of 5.5" which will tuck slightly more (1/4"?) than a standard z85 wheel. With an 8.5" wheel you are likely planning to run a wide tire. Chances are, you're flirting with rubbing. I'm assuming you are looking at a 265 or 275 wide tire.

Depends a little on the truck your trying to fit it under too......

http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is a 2010 crew cab. I have found a better wheel. It is a 5 spoke chrome on a silverado 20" 2009 . A friend that has a wheel and tire business said they will be alot better match but I do not know the ET spacing.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
If it's a stock silverado 20, then it'll be about +31.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
it is a 2010 crew cab. I have found a better wheel. It is a 5 spoke chrome on a silverado 20" 2009 . A friend that has a wheel and tire business said they will be alot better match but I do not know the ET spacing.
4x4? 2x4? Stock suspension or lift/lowered?

Z85 or Z71? All options that control wheel fitment.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is a 2 wheel drive everything standard LT.
The other wheels I wanted would have been awesome but they had a ET of 15 . My friend said they would rub.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
8.5" wide with +15 is 5.4" backspace. Very close to stock. But stock tires are what, 225m wide on your truck?
The +15 sounds a little but suspicious to me (but I am not familiar with the values for the full size truck's wheels). To know for sure (if neither of you know for sure), the offset is stamped into the wheel on the inside.

The size tire for that wheel would probably be big for that truck anyway. You would have to run like a 40 series (with 275 wide) to keep it around stock height wheel.

It probably is better that you pass on it. The sad part is that you can't even do a test fit since they don't bolt on......

·
5,959 Posts
Do u plan on lowering it at all? U CAN fit these wheels. It is not necessary for u to run suck a wide tire a 245/40/20 or a 255/40/20 will fit just fine. If u plan to lower it I recommend a 35 series tire with the same widths as stated above

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
thanks for the replies. I prob will not lower. The ET 15 I got off the back of the wheel myself. I worry are these wheels going to stick out real far and throw stuff on the fenders? He said they stuck out on his silverado. Note: these were not stock silverado wheels. I was planning on changing the tires anyway. The ones on the wheels are shot. the stock tires on my truck are 215/70/16. You dont think there will be any rubbing issues?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
You're going to have to pick a tire size to know if it is going to rub. All things added up make the entire combination work/not work.

Also, check your tire manufacturer for the proper width for a 8.5" wheel. I'm not familiar at all with low profile tires, but a 235 tire sounds very narrow for an 8.5" wheel. All tire manufacturers has a chart with wheel width for a particular tire size. A narrow tire may fit the wheel-but I just don't know anything about low profile.

Sorry for the back and forth from earlier. You said the wheels were from a Silverado - so the assumption is they are Siverado wheels.
So since these are not Silverado wheels, do you know already that the center bore is too small?

Find us a tire size you are considering and post it up.
Specify your truck design/specifications again (2wd/model, etc).
Look at he door jamb and provide the stock wheel specifications (6.5" I think?) and get the factory offset if you can.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry guys as you can tell I dont know alot about sizing wheels. I will have to bore the wheels for sure they are about 3 ". I would either take to machine shop or do myself. I do know how to do some things just not figure out if custom wheels will work. I do have a router also. I do military jeep restorations down to the bare frame So I think I can do the boring. I read 1/2" bit 7/16" depth.
The model inside my truck door says S15643 tires are P215/70R16. It is a 2010 Colorado 2wd LT with the stock 16" 5 spoke aluminum wheels. I do not see the ET anywhere . I still have the original tires on this truck with 60,000 miles on them but Im starting to see a little wire so I need to change the wheels now as I need new tires.

I am just interested is there a tire that will work with this wheel on my truck without issues such as rubbing. At $300 I really like these wheels.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Buddy can you tell me how much with the size you suggest its going to stick out? I am wondering how do we know the width of the wheel i am wanting to buy? It has old trashed tires mounted on them? He has other people on hold wanting the wheels waiting my answer. I just dont want to get stuck with something that will not work. Thanks for your quick replies thanks so much for the help everyone.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts