Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I've been on here a while just looking around and this is my first post. I have a 2010 Colorado crew cab Z71 2wd I-5. I've cranked the torsion bars an inch to level the truck and I have 3/4" spacers on the front wheels and the drivers side rear wheel (to compensate for the passengers side rear wheel sticking out more than the others). The center of the hub to fender measures 22 1/4". I'm looking to put a set of 285/70 r17 nitto trail grapplers on 17x8 atx series ax188 ledge with a 35mm offset. I know they won't fit now but if I did a 1 1/2" body lift, trim the bottom part of the plastic bumper, trim the rear part of the fender like un4giv3n did in this thread http://www.355nation.net/forum/exterior/93842-z71-4x4-innder-fender-well-trimming.html, and heat and hammer around the body mount to get clearance do you guys think they'll fit without rubbing. This is my first post please go easy on me. Thanks in advance for any help!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Have u considered a 285/65/17 tire?......it's virtually identical in height/diameter as the OE 265/70/17.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just looked it up. It's just a little wider and about the same diameter. Nitto doesn't make their trail grappler in that size and I really like the look of that tire. Thanks for the reply

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
Gonna need at least a 3 inch body lift i think. Stock measurement on a 2010 z71 is about 22 inches center of hub to fender flare. You could crank more and do a 1.5 inch body lift and MAYBE fit them with some trimming and hammering. How and why is the passenger side rear wheel sticking out more? Is the bed off center?

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
3/4 spacers doesn't sound safe if they are ring type spacers.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
My passenger tire protrudes as well.

I remember an in-depth thread about that a while ago.

When my tires/wheels were installed I asked one of the guys to check the backspace on a wheel because it looked like it was the alternative option to me (like they sent the wrong one). They even measured it, but they were identical.

I don't care enough to install a spacer -that seems silly an unnecessary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@GregDAP- maybe im not measuring right but im actually measuring the center of the wheel to the fender. I think that would give me the same measurement. I double checked and im measuring 22 1/4" all the way around. Im prob gonna stick with the stock tire size. I dont want to crank any more and I dont want to do a 3" body lift. I don't wanna see too much of the frame. I noticed the back tire sticking out more last year and I looked into it like 08Canyon and I found that our drive shaft is off center because they had to shift it over to make clearance for the gas tank that makes the passenger wheel stick out further. My spacers are actually adapters. They're made by Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech. @08Canyon yeah there wasn't a huge difference but im kinda anal and it was buggin me. lol
thanks for all the replies I really apprecite it

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts
How and why is the passenger side rear wheel sticking out more? Is the bed off center?
everybodys truck is like this, you will have to reweld the leaf perch in order to fix it or pull the bed like most of us did.

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
The bed of my truck seems to pulled more towards the passenger side... at least thats the way it looks.

When stock on level ground mine measured 22 inches

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Huh.
Good reason to never purchase a GM vehicle in the future. The engineers had to make a last minute decision and misalign the drive train because they forgot it was required to install a driveshaft.

Yeah, not really buying that. But until I lay under my truck and measure the spring perch to the differential I guess I have to believe GM built the truck crooked on purpose.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
@GregDAP- maybe im not measuring right but im actually measuring the center of the wheel to the fender. I think that would give me the same measurement. I double checked and im measuring 22 1/4" all the way around. Im prob gonna stick with the stock tire size. I dont want to crank any more and I dont want to do a 3" body lift. I don't wanna see too much of the frame. I noticed the back tire sticking out more last year and I looked into it like 08Canyon and I found that our drive shaft is off center because they had to shift it over to make clearance for the gas tank that makes the passenger wheel stick out further. My spacers are actually adapters. They're made by Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech. @08Canyon yeah there wasn't a huge difference but im kinda anal and it was buggin me. lol
thanks for all the replies I really apprecite it
I'm happy I've learned to not let small trivial stuff bother me.

Plus, When I'm in my house I can't see it. When I'm driving I can't see it. And do I think most drivers on the road are laughing at me driving down the road, not really.
The OCD part of my brain makes me sleep better knowing my wheels are equal on both sides. If I had a spacer installed on one side, my brain would know I used one spacer, not 2....I'd probably lay awake at night. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts