Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to change things up on my truck. At the moment I'm leveled with a 2" crank and stock rear and have 20x8.5 rockstars with stock equivalent backspace. The tires are 275/55r20 terra grapplers which are basically 32 by 11. I'm looking at getting 17x8.5 fuel octanes with -05 offset with 265/70 trail grapplers. The tires have the same specs as my current ones. I was figuring that the less backspace would help me clear my balljoint. Does this sound right?Long story short does anyone believe that this new setup would not fit for any reason? Thanks in advance

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
If you mean the wheel has a -5mm offset, then you should be fine. That's a 4.6" backspace.

The tire is a standard size tire and the wheel is pretty common too.

FYI: I have the 16" equivalent tire size and clear with a backspace of like 5.2" or 5.3" (I forget what it is).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Yes I knew the size was common I just wanted to clarify that the -05 offset would clear where there will be more tire than wheel for the balljoint. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I know what offset is, but I want him to clarify his unit of measure. Better to answer him properly than improperly. Otherwise the first answer I gave becomes void.

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
If you look up the wheels, At fuel it says -5 offset. he just typed it wrong.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I understand. BUT, the OP should be aware of what he's typing.

In the real world, if he goes around typing out 05 and he means 5mm, it's not the same thing.

In the context of what he was typing it's no big deal. However, from an informative point of view it's important to write out his question accurately.
Making a typing error happens all the time, but he wrote it incorrectly twice. The same 'typing error' twice sounds like a misunderstanding of the proper way to write it (to me).

And now he isn't here....LOL

I can't function in my job with that...if somebody came to me and asked me to draw a line segment 05 from the other line, I'd have to get confirmation before proceeding.

·
Super Moderator
3,621 Posts
Offset is always measured in MM... is it such a big deal that he didn't type MM?

·
Super Moderator
3,621 Posts
Wow... I stand corrected :bow2: Oh and it's -05...not 05

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Forgive me for the error yes I did mean -5 MM of offset for the wheel. I was actually just typing what I read on the website that I saw the wheels on. I just wanted to confirm that this set up would clear everything. Sorry for the confusion

Here's the url to the website that says -05 for the offset. In my mind I knew what it meant and I figured both -05mm and -5mm meant the same thing. Sorry again

http://rimzoneonline.com/wheels/fue...x8-5-fuel-octane-matte-black-d5097859845.html

·
Super Moderator
3,621 Posts
No worries man. Offset is always measured in MM. -5.. -05... It means the same thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts