Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there is already a thread about this BUT I've got 20X8.5 wheels with a +30 offset will they tuck? they don't stick outside the body at all but they're extremely close in the back.

·
Registered
294 Posts
well,I wish I could help but Im a lil confused about what will tuck too,cause on street source I found a truck that has a +25 offset and he didnt even narrow the rear axle,but on another website I saw someone who said a +43 offset is what you need.I would also like to find out what all you guys are running!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Nope...They won't, they will rub.

I have a +40mm that clears within a 1/8"....

I am lower and my wheels do go deeper in the fender but from what I see laying frame a +30 will rub need atleast a +40mm to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Very very few wheels come in a 20X8.5 with a +40mm offset.

Normally you would have to go with billet. I unfortunately don't have the chingy right now for billet so I am stuck with chrome.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sweet i checked several sites and they all say that the 6X5.5 bolt pattern is +40mm offset so that makes me pretty damn excited haha

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Hell yeah they rubbed like a bitch....

I just upgraded to these. Tires will be in tomorrow.

Boss 313s +40mm

Yeah I saw alot of sites that said that to freeman. When I went to order or call they made them in a +40mm but not in a 6x5.5 with a 100mm bore....

You may find some though bro, I just had hell.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've already got the wheels on my truck I made sure when i bought them that they would sit under the body cuz my old 20's didn't at all they stuck out about an inch the place i got them from said they were the same offset as new chevy's and it was a lot higher then the ones i had before and they were +20mm so i'm almost certain mine are in fact a +40mm so hopefully i'm good

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Those would look sooo good on our trucks....

Nice wheels, Lancers!:355:
i likey those wheels....my sentiments exactly

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
I've already got the wheels on my truck I made sure when i bought them that they would sit under the body cuz my old 20's didn't at all they stuck out about an inch the place i got them from said they were the same offset as new chevy's and it was a lot higher then the ones i had before and they were +20mm so i'm almost certain mine are in fact a +40mm so hopefully i'm good
i have 20x8.5" wheels with +38mm and i'm getting my rear axle narrowed just to be safe. i'm not going to bodydrop the truck (like lance did) but i want it to lay flat on the ground when it's done, and be able to drive like that without any rubbing. why not get your rearend narrowed, then you would have a bunch of different wheels to choose from.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm starting to think that my wheels will not tuck at all...... cuz of the lip on the fenders do they tuck when the wheel camber? I know they will notin the back without either narrowing the rear end or rolling the lip.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Even rolling the lip won't work without shortening the axle.

Our beds fenders are egged shaped. The look like they will tuck but when they get into the fender they rub.

So either a +40mm or better, a billet wheel with a 6.5 Backspace or shorten the rear axle.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
I'm starting to think that my wheels will not tuck at all...... cuz of the lip on the fenders do they tuck when the wheel camber? I know they will notin the back without either narrowing the rear end or rolling the lip.
they should, but maybe you should PM lancers. his truck is 'bagged already. (lucky)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts