Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So where are the photographers at? Do you do it professionally or for fun? What kind of equipment do you use?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I used to do it professionally, now I don't really care to do it unless something is very interesting to me. Lesson learned: Don't turn a hobby into a job. I still get calls to do jobs. I tell them I cost more than the other two local photogs. That usually stops the conversation.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
I wouldn't classify myself as a photographer as I know just enough to get by.

Mainly use it when we want to do family photos and can't get a good photographer and to shoot cars.

I'm a canon guy though. Love the 7D, wanting to get one sooner or later.

·
CALI BOSS
6,308 Posts
I shoot professionally and as a hobbyist. I too am a Canon shooter

Here's my equipment list:

6D | 50D Gripped | S120 | 24-105 f/4L IS EF | 17-55mm f/2.8 IS EF-S | 85mm f/1.8 EF | 50mm f/1.8 EF | Tamron 18-270mm VC | Tamron 70-300mm VC | Tamron C-AF BBAR MC7 2xTC | 430EXII | Pixel Mago | YN-500EX | YN-622C

I will be upgrading my 50D to the new 7D mark II

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I used to do it professionally.
what type of pics did you shoot? Gear list?
Love the 7D, wanting to get one sooner or later.
since the 7dii came out, 7d’s are dirt cheap..
6D …..I will be upgrading my 50D to the new 7D mark II
6d is a nice body!... im not sold on the 7dii yet.
I never leave home without my camera gear.
best advice right there!!

I have a 7d, had it for about 4.5 years. Looking to get out of it and into either a 6d (probably too slow for me, but you cant beat the LOW light pics it can take) or im lookin at the 5diii.
Biggest word of advice I can give is shoot RAW and only RAW. You can correct a bad pic in RAW but not jpeg..

·
Registered
137 Posts
what type of pics did you shoot? Gear list?
I shot anything and everything. I started doing portraits, and went from there to weddings, parties, a few travel brochures, did some product lines, sports, air shows, did a few car shows too. Oh, and festivals, lots of freaking festivals.

I started with an Olympus E-500 way back when they came out, then moved up to a Canon 40D, and finally a 1D. I still have the Olympus because it's small for a DSLR, and I'm much faster shooting full manual with it. Low light sucks though. I use another Canon 40D at work for capturing stuff exploding and shooting job related stuff.

I've had a bunch of different lenses, but my favorite was the Canon 65mm macro. I still emulate that lens on my Olympus 14-44mm by using a macro accessory lens. I use it to shoot little things and make them very large. It's kind of funny if you think about it. I used to shoot all these people, cars, aircraft... now I shoot bugs.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I like to have fun.
My favorites are landscape and sports photography. I don't take anything spectacular. I blame some of that on my gear. Even my tripod mounted shots are not sharp. Alas, I keep charging the battery and shooting more trees and peoples faces.

If you want a messed up portrait, I'm the guy you call for that though. No way should I be doing portraits.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts