Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking to install some lights and I'm debating on the location of where to mount my toggle switches. So of course this got me to thinking where does everyone have there switches mounted? Pics are DEFINITELY welcome on this one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See I was really thinking about putting mine there except mine are made to be seen and I want them to be out in the open.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I haven't done mine yet, but I am thinking about putting it in the center just to the right of my Hazard button, something is already there, I think it is the passenger seat belt light, but I dont need that and it will look good there and be easy to reach.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I haven't done mine yet, but I am thinking about putting it in the center just to the right of my Hazard button, something is already there, I think it is the passenger seat belt light, but I dont need that and it will look good there and be easy to reach.
Now thats a damn good idea that i havnt thought of

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
i'm going with this switch, on the ZK71 Zombie killer edition truck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I found a spot. Using the A pillar, I'm gonna have to trim out the mounting bracket a bit but I like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha where did you get those mOWWck? They're hilarious

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
My '07 didn't have traction control button so I put it there.

·
Dont let the Nation die
2005 GMC Canyon z71 SLE 4x4 3.5L
15,947 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hmm maybe mount them to your center dash trim under your a/c controls? Kind of like i did to my sirius radio

Nope, I did that and after a long trip having to switch them on and off constantly, I came to regret it.

1. If I placed a large bottle of water in the cupholder (bench front seat), my arm/hand would have to go around the bottle in a non-natural, distracting movement.
2. Due to the way I setup my seat to hold my 6' beautiful, lean body, I need to move my torso fwd and try to reach the damn switch.
Yes, somewhere up there is where I'm thinking on relocating it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts