Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a trailblazer overhead console and just got an auto dimming rear view mirror but I need to know what wires do what on them. Anyone know of a good place to get wiring diagrams for this stuff...without buying 18 repair manuals?

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
No, but I am interested in seeing the finished product!!! :D Then you can drive up here and put one in for me!

M

·
0 Posts
I have a trailblazer overhead console and just got an auto dimming rear view mirror but I need to know what wires do what on them. Anyone know of a good place to get wiring diagrams for this stuff...without buying 18 repair manuals?
I would imagine a little sweet talkin to one of the techs at your local GM garage would get you copies of the diagrams you need out of their TO's.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would imagine a little sweet talkin to one of the techs at your local GM garage would get you copies of the diagrams you need out of their TO's.
I agree with this. I managed to get the schematics for the door locks a while back when I was having problems with mine.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What wiring diagram do you need? The overhead console? And the mirror?
I need the ones from the donor cars. The trailblazer for the overhead console. and a Saturn Vue for the rear view.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2006 vue, yes gentex.

actually the trailblazer wiring may work for both.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Try this for starters on the mirror:

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~8560

I'll keep looking...

Found this:
The mirror uses accesory power, ground, backup lights (to disable it when in reverse), and 2 temp leads. Onstar adds more signals. On my Redline the backup light and accesory power wires run up to the connector at the back of the headliner but are not continued on the headliner side. The temp sensor wires are not there at all.
The colors are as follows:
accesory power - yellow
backup signal - light green
ground - black
temp sensor - light green/black
temp sensor low - gray/black

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks mark.

i found what I need for the TB console also, I just want the homelink from it working.

It doesn't interface with the DIC. It's self-contained and just needs constant 12V power. There are 3 wires for the HomeLink unit: orange (12V+), black (12V-), and brown w/ white stripe (dash lighting and dimming). If you wanted to make the backlighting wiring easy you could just hook the dimming wire up to 12V+. Only problem is it will be at full brightness all the time. Otherwise you can tap into the dimming wire for the 4X4 control.
posted so I dont have to go find it later.

once the mirror gets here I'll get this done.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
http://forum.355nation.net/showthread.php?t=1494

This thread has links to wiring diagrams for remote start, keyless entry, and audio, but I wouldn't know where to begin for an overhead console :(
i think everyone is one their own for overhead consoles. i jsut wired one up from a subaru forester myself. you have to find out what wires you'll need to tap into on the bcm likely. once again...try www.the12volt.com i found what i needed there for mine. gl!!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Auto Dimming mirror installed and working. Just two wires and the dimmer and compass work. There was a 2 wire unused harness in the headliner (onstar?) that I used, unfortunately its always on, so tomorrow I'm going to try the unused sunroof wire in the A pillar.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
pics??? sounds sweet bro

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
pics??? sounds sweet bro

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no pics yet. wired it up to the sunroof lead last night and now its only ignition on. Works great, just have to calibrate the compass. I might skip the overhead console for now, its a bit large and I haven't come up with a good mounting solution yet...there's other things I'd rather work on before my vacation too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts