Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the transmission on my 04 gmc canyon z85 sle is shot. got quotes from shops around and i don't have 1600-3000 to spend on a rebuild. does anybody know where to find a good one on the cheap? I'm talking like 3-600 cheap....

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Craig's list is a start after that car-part i found a 60e with 104k for 300 its whats in my truck now but since ur probably going to do it ur self get tHe transgo correction kit and super servos will extend the life of the trans

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Please remember you get what you pay for. I had a buddy of mine outside of Boston do the cheap transmission thing twice........after 2 cheap transmission shitting on him, his labor/time and down time......he could have paid to have it rebuilt right the first time.

ALSO....1600-3000 to rebuild a fuckin 4L60-e is straight up a gang rape pricing. the rebuild kits can go from 300-600.......depends on what needs to be replaced. There are vendors throughout the country that will ship you a refresh completely rebuilt for about $1500 shipped with a 1-3 warrenty.

Shop around

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
A 4L60-e from a 02-06 Silverado should work too if you change the bellhousing.....not sure if the tail shaft housings are the same.

Lucky you, the 4L60-e is the cheapest to either buy rebuilt or rebuild.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
U can get a stage 2 trans from patc I believe for 1800 lol. I paid 700 for mine and it had 20k on it and had to have it rebuild cause they hit the torque converter so hard it destroyed the pump.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
A 4L60-e from a 02-06 Silverado should work too if you change the bellhousing.....not sure if the tail shaft housings are the same.

Lucky you, the 4L60-e is the cheapest to either buy rebuilt or rebuild.
I don't think that will work Jeremy bell housing, input shaft and converter are different for our engines.

I do agree with you previous comment about getting what you pay for.

Look around at the wrecking yards in your area also most yards are part of a network so the can also check out of your area too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts