Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, So I am breaking my head over finding the camshaft position actuator on my 2005 3.5L Colorado. The part number is 25318944
I did find out it was discontinued unfortunately and every place I visited did not handle it/had it in stock. Is there somewhere I can acquire this part online? Its been 3 weeks without a truck :/

I found out about this part when changing the timing chain which ended up being the camshaft position actuator being the noisy one. So far I've spent about 700 in labor and 200 for the timing chain...still need the camshaft

·
Premium Member
4,008 Posts
As you have discovered, they are pretty much non-existent. It's a long shot, but you could try a Dealer. They have the capability to initiate a search of all other Dealer inventory to see if someone might have one on the shelf. I say it is a "long shot" because the Dealer parts department would have to get GM involved and if they aren't sure that they are going to make a buck, they won't make much effort. Plus you would need to find a parts guy that had some experience doing it.

With that said, have you determined what is causing the "noise" from the actuator? There aren't a lot of parts to it, so it would almost certainly be due to excessive wear in the pivot. That's something I haven't heard of before this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any junkyards near by? There are quite a few Colorados in the yards near me in New Hampshire. How hard are they to pull? Maybe the trailblazer actuators could be compatible with a trigger wheel swap?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts