Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys had a little incident yesterday morning and bottom line is I need a new tailgate. Old one still was on but it's dented and scraped up badly and i'm looking to see if I could get a used one for cheap as opposed to purchasing a new one and then getting it painted.

Anyone know where I could get a white colorado tailgate? I've checked eBay and they want more then I can get a new one thats unpainted ($200).

I haven't done to much research but is there a way to "re-skin" the tailgates? The only real damage is the exterior of it, the handle still works fine and the back side is mint.

One last thing, i'm not gonna goto autozone or a parts store that uses colorados and swipe theirs... that would be wrong. :naughty:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
KhKustoms has one, but I dont know if he sold it yet or not he wanted 200 but its like a pale blue color it's shaved though with pinstripping and shit

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
there's a few on craigslist around here. check there. save some money if you dont have to have it shipped.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
LKQ is your friend. Looks like they've got a location in Melbourne, a couple hours from you.

http://www.lkqcorp.com/location/fSearch.asp?L=37

I did a search and they have new take take offs for $285 at that location but don't list color, they did list a white one off an '06 for $240. I can't link directly to the search I did, but I just searched for a tailgate from an '04 Colorado.

·
Registered
358 Posts
yea there is a way to "reskin" the tailgate. when i had a little incident like that a body shop did that for me but then your payin out the ass for labor

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LKQ is your friend. Looks like they've got a location in Melbourne, a couple hours from you.

http://www.lkqcorp.com/location/fSearch.asp?L=37

I did a search and they have new take take offs for $285 at that location but don't list color, they did list a white one off an '06 for $240. I can't link directly to the search I did, but I just searched for a tailgate from an '04 Colorado.
Not that good of a friend... Tryin to keep it as cheap as possible and $250+ is not cheap. But thanks

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
pm pat! the deaf guy with the 2500 he got chris one i don't know how he did it but he got him one! oh the autozone truck may be wrong but its cheap!!!

till you get caught!!! then its expensive

1 - 20 of 22 Posts