Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have security systems installed, where did you mount the control/main unit?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Not under the dash... everyone puts it there. They have gotten so small, you can hide them just about anywhere. I had mine behind the jump seat on my old ext. Cab s10. Could put it under the center consol. Who is going to look there?
Agreed mine is there too. Plus i put a hole in the firewall with a grommet to run all the wires for the alarm and my audio stuff too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The big empty space under the radio and AC controls. Easy to get to, can't see it under the dash unless you remove the bezel. If they get that far chasing wires the alarm isn’t doing its job, which in today society people look at them as a nuisance rather than something’s wrong.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The big empty space under the radio and AC controls. Easy to get to, can't see it under the dash unless you remove the bezel. If they get that far chasing wires the alarm isn’t doing its job, which in today society people look at them as a nuisance rather than something’s wrong.
I agree, but I intend to interlock it with the fuel-pump circuit.

I'm also considering (for fun) a pushbutton keyless engine start...
As long as the security system is unlocked/not alarmed, you would only need to put it into gear, press the button, and go.
(I'd take a key and cut it down so it barely protruded from the ignition-switch, and leave it in)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts