Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do I need to scan the ABS system? Is there a scanner I can buy? Or do I have to take it to a dealer? My ABS light is on all the time. Literally it never goes out. Im assuming during the POST test its detecting one of the wheel speed sensors as open. I would just like to have it scanned instead of tearing both sides apart and measuring resistance.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
You can get both sensors pretty cheap on amazon. Last time I did them it was about the same price as having the dealer scan it.

·
Retired and Sleeping Late
337 Posts
Check with your local autoparts places to see if they have one that they rent that will read ABS codes. I know the O'Reillys here in the Reno area carry one on their rental program that will.

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
The Oreillys by my house has a top of the line scanner that reads all codes. Just have to hand em my license and walk out to my truck with it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the truck scanned today here are the codes

COO35 LH wheel speed sensor
COO40 RH wheel speed sensor
CO220 LH wheel speed sensor open
CO221 RH wheel speed sensor open
U1064 Loss of com with BCM.

My ABS light is on all the time as soon as I start the truck. I am also having cruise control intermittent issues...related to BCM? Obviously both the wheel speed sensors are shot. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I would not assume both wheel speed sensors are bad..
Seems too much a coincidence that both would be bad at the same time.

I can't look at the schematic at the moment, but there are possible wiring problems that could cause the BCM to think the sensors are bad. Both at the same time..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do. My next plan of action is to do the amperage output checks that are in the sticky here. If they both are low output, ill replace both and go from there I suppose. Does the BCM control the cruise?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts