Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 2004 reg cab i5 colorado Im having the first cat gutted, the second one removed and having the exhaust exit out of the passenger side right before the first tire while keeping stock pipes, im not sure what kind of muffler to get, i want it to sound deep, not riced and not extremely loud,
thanks for the help

·
Registered
408 Posts
Flowmaster 40 or 50 series...they sound great sound.

Sent from my SGH-T499 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
flowmaster 50 series. its a 3 chamber so it has less drone than the 40 series but still sounds nice and deep under throttle.

·
Fred Savage
1,607 Posts

There was a significant drone with the stock turn down but since then I've added an exhaust tip with a side exit and the drone is pretty much gone :thumbup:

·
I'm doing SCIENCE!
487 Posts
Magnaflow should sound good on there too.

I've got a Flowmaster Super 40 on mine, straight out the back. Not sure if I like the straight out the back bit, would have preferred side exit I think. No drone in the cab except slightly at 35mph, 50mph+ is pretty much silent (can barely hear the exhaust over wind/road noise while cruising).

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Flowmaster 40 is what I have and I get asked if I have a V8 all the time on my 3.5... Forget what MOZ says he always has something negative and smartmouthed to say...

·
Est. 1992
2,306 Posts
go straight pipe, I'm gonna run my truck straight pipe for a little while before i change my single side to duals

·
I'm doing SCIENCE!
487 Posts
I don't know if I'd go as far as to say the i5 sounds like a V8 with a Super 40, but it sounds darned good. Just make sure it exits out from under the bodywork, either at the side or rear. If you have a down turned tip under the truck you'll get a lot of reverb and drone from that.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
i heard heaths exhaust this weekend and it sounds sweet

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
I don't know if I'd go as far as to say the i5 sounds like a V8 with a Super 40, but it sounds darned good. Just make sure it exits out from under the bodywork, either at the side or rear. If you have a down turned tip under the truck you'll get a lot of reverb and drone from that.
I know what your saying there and I have a V8 in the garage sounds not as deep but it is not even close to ricey either. The misses says its different and nice for a baby motor... However her equinox is only a 3.4 v6... O and yes weve had this arguement a few times. But I hate to say it she whips me off the line but I real her in quick once the torque starts moving...

·
Est. 1992
2,306 Posts
IMO... my flow master cat back sounds similar to a v8 at low rpms... when it get up there it tails off into a higher pitch but does not sound ricey, just exposes itself as an i-5, a strong one though..

·
I'm doing SCIENCE!
487 Posts
IMO... my flow master cat back sounds similar to a v8 at low rpms... when it get up there it tails off into a higher pitch but does not sound ricey, just exposes itself as an i-5, a strong one though..
Ah, yeah, that sounds about right. Below 2.5k RPM it has a nice burble to it, which turns into something completely different as the RPMs rise. Sounds meaty, though, not ricey at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts