Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im ready to get some tires that actually belong on my truck VS these bicycle tires I have now. Im not going brand new, simply used from the list. I found two sets. One guy has Big O brand ATs with 25% tread left for a hundred bucks. The other guy has some BFG ATs with, I think he said 40% left for 125 bucks. Both are 31/10.5/15 they fit the stock Z85 rims right? Which should I go with? Thanks for your input!
First two are Big O 31s w/25% 100 bucks
Last one BFGs with 40% he says. 125 bucks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Which ever has the most tread.... IMO

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, the one that has more tread is the last one but it looks uneven to me.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
It's not preferred to use 10.5" tires on a 6.5" wheel. But it's done ever day. You aren't spending a lot of money on tires anyway, so it doesn't matter too much if they wear ununiformly.

Is it safe, I guess so. Nobody has a new thread saying they lost a tire.

Does he have all 4 Big O tires? There is a different one pictured with it.

From the pics (a mile away), the BFG tires look like crap. The bottom one looks bald in the middle.....in the picture it looks nothing like a half worn out tire to me....looks like they should be sent to the recycle center.

Either way you've got about $25 a tire. Plus the cost to disassemble yours, and mount/balance the newer ones. Is it worth the cost in labor to break them down to install those fairly worn out tires, or is it a better decision to wait until you find a better tire? That hundred bucks is going to creep up pretty quickly. It sounds like you are purchasing for looks, not out of necessity?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's not preferred to use 10.5" tires on a 6.5" wheel. But it's done ever day. You aren't spending a lot of money on tires anyway, so it doesn't matter too much if they wear ununiformly.

Is it safe, I guess so. Nobody has a new thread saying they lost a tire.

Does he have all 4 Big O tires? There is a different one pictured with it.

From the pics (a mile away), the BFG tires look like crap. The bottom one looks bald in the middle.....in the picture it looks nothing like a half worn out tire to me....looks like they should be sent to the recycle center.

Either way you've got about $25 a tire. Plus the cost to disassemble yours, and mount/balance the newer ones. Is it worth the cost in labor to break them down to install those fairly worn out tires, or is it a better decision to wait until you find a better tire? That hundred bucks is going to creep up pretty quickly. It sounds like you are purchasing for looks, not out of necessity?
Yessir the first two are the big 0s. Heres another picture he has on the add.

The last pic is of the bfg add and I emailed him asking if they are worn evenly and he said yes when clearly is otherwise. So thats kinda in the trash as far as im concerned. I guess my question at this point is, would it be worth buying the big os?

And the purchase is partially for looks but mostly for ride quality. Ever since I made the mistake of getting a 70 sidewall tire (the ones I have now) my truck rides like my old integra on coil overs lol. So in order to get a better ride quality I figure I may as well go 31 and get some used ones since im not going to spend another 700 bucks now.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts