Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you guys have probably heard this a MILLION times and I apologize. But I have a regular cab Z85 that I would like to lower. I cannot seem to make up my mind on how I want to go.

I was thinking about going with 20's, not sure which size tire. I would like to have something close to the stock size to keep the speedo close and not mess with the tranny. I'm not too worried about bottoming out on BIG dips and bumps but I don't want to drag across every little bump. I really like the look of the 3/4 drop but I'm not sure how it will ride.

So the question is, 2/3 or 3/4?

So post up the pictures if you guys have them of what you're running and your oppinion about it. Thanks guys!! :salute:

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
You have a z85...so go 3/4. You will hardly bottom out. But will still be fatty.

Ps - Everyone is going to say 3/4....because were whores..LOWA'DA'BETTA !

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
3/4 will be fine and still look good. You'll bottom out on dips and such, but you don't have to worry about dragging across shit or anything. Well except for some speed bumps. Either take care when going over them or swap out your transmission crossmember for a flush mount and you'll be good to go.

A 2/3 is nice in the beginning, but you'll want more soon enough.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Yea dude, 3/4 is the only way to go on a Z85, well bare minimum at least. LOL

The ride won't be bad at all.:355:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
4/5 and 20's, you'll want to cut your fenders out for sure.

You also won't get a 5" drop in the rear without notching the frame and bed brace. And a new transmission crossmember is a must, IMO.

A 4/5 is much more involved than most think. ;) :p :p

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
4/5 and 20's, you'll want to cut your fenders out for sure.

You also won't get a 5" drop in the rear without notching the frame and bed brace. And a new transmission crossmember is a must, IMO.

A 4/5 is much more involved than most think. ;) :p :p
I know ;) like i said. I wanted to be a rebel.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Do you guys think I will have rubbing issues if I run a 40 series tire on a 20" rim with a 3/4?
I can tell you that the 255/35's I was running didn't rub when driving on a flat road, but come bumps and dips, it would rub, most definitely. Mainly the driver's side. It was very rare for the passenger's side to rub.

I don't know how a 40 series would ride.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool, thanks for the reply's guys. Go figure, I posted this same post over at CFans and I didn't get a single reply.

I think I am going to go with a 2/3 drop. I need something that I wont have to worry about but will still look good. It needs to ride really good too. So I'm thinking 2/3 with some 45 series tires on 20's should look good. Maybe I can add some ZQ8 fender flares. Thanks again for the help guys!! :355: :355group:

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
I can tell you that the 255/35's I was running didn't rub when driving on a flat road, but come bumps and dips, it would rub, most definitely. Mainly the driver's side. It was very rare for the passenger's side to rub.

I don't know how a 40 series would ride.
i have 245/40R20 rubber and a 4-4 drop. i am cutting the wheel wells out this weekend because i'm tired of it rubbing. YES, YOU WILL RUB A LOT WITH 40 SERIES RUBBER.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts