Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i keep hearing about theses iridium plugs

i have been looking at ngk and acdelcos

im not sure what ones i should get from those 2 or if there are even better ones out there.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Get .....AC Delco 41-103 Iridium plugs. Thats what I have...i love them. They run perfect...no problems whatsoever....

Sent from my SGH-T499

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
so i keep hearing about theses iridium plugs

i have been looking at ngk and acdelcos

im not sure what ones i should get from those 2 or if there are even better ones out there.
Is your truck due for plugs? The stock plugs are 100,000 mile plugs.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
I run the same as factory the acdelco iridiums. I change them about every 40k which is over kill because they always come out in good shape.

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
I have AC Delco 41-103 Iridium's. Put them in about 15,000 miles ago while cleaning the tb. I have no complaints about them.

I think some members on here have Denso Iridium plugs and recommend them if you can get em. The main thing is the Iridium, I believe it creates a better, more reliable spark than traditional plugs. Someone with more knowledge will chime in I'm sure
:salute:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the stock plugs at 70,000 miles and it runs a little rough at start up but smooths out within second. i keep reading a lot of that problem is with old plugs on these trucks so i thought id change em. i normally tell people to do there plugs around 80,000 so i thought it wouldn't really be over kill to change mine now.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Yeah GMs recommendation for 100k on the plugs is ridiculous. I had to change mine at 24k.....the factory plugs are rubbish!

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
i have the stock plugs at 70,000 miles and it runs a little rough at start up but smooths out within second. i keep reading a lot of that problem is with old plugs on these trucks so i thought id change em. i normally tell people to do there plugs around 80,000 so i thought it wouldn't really be over kill to change mine now.
Have you cleaned your throttle body? That's more likely to cause a rough idle.

I know it's not comparing apples to apples, but I had plugs changed in my Ford Triton V8 at 90,??? miles. They were on the bench when I went in the shop and they looked new.

The only reason I'm questioning the need for plugs is because they cost like $50 for a set right? That's a lot of money for something unnecessary (if they are unnecessary).

I haven't inspected mine at all, just rolled over about 52k or so. Maybe it isn't a bad idea to inspect mine soon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well here is the way i look at it

i was planning on cleaning the throttle body but since for both you have to remove all that intake crap i might as well change the plugs while im down there

im not saying the plugs will be bad im saying why do the work 2 times haha

·
Registered
345 Posts
well here is the way i look at it

i was planning on cleaning the throttle body but since for both you have to remove all that intake crap i might as well change the plugs while im down there

im not saying the plugs will be bad im saying why do the work 2 times haha
Damn straight, $35 for plugs why not! Just make sure NOT to gap them cause they are iridium...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You don't gap iridiums? Huh did not know that. Thanks a ton

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
They are pre gaped. Gaping them yourself could damage the electrode.

Sent from my LG-P999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
Ours are pre gapped, But if you ever run into that situation, feeler gauges are pretty cheap. Get the AC's or denso's if you've got the cash.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok so im about to order them but should i get the ac delcos or the densos what are better

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
ok so im about to order them but should i get the ac delcos or the densos what are better

Tomatoes, potatoes.....................Won't go wrong either way.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I run NGK V-Power. 1Step colder cause our trucks run lean and hot.

·
Fred Savage
1,607 Posts
I switched to AC Delco iridiums at 60k. The NGK's and Denso's were $3 more a plug on RockAuto and I wasn't really sure if they would be worth the extra $$

·
Registered
10 Posts
wow i'm surprised that no one runs NGK... i guess at the NAPA i work NGK is like king here... im gonna do a little more research on AC Delco and Denso plugs..

·
Registered
278 Posts
I run Denso's IR plugs they were a little more but do some research on there website then choose which plug you want. I've always ran NGK's in other cars and trucks but The Denso's looked legit and work great

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
I've run Denso's in the last 3 generations of vehicles I've owned..........even think that they are in the mower and weed whacker....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts