Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
zq8 here. just got 3 inch lift spindles. plus 2.5 spacers on shocks. 2-5 inch shackles on back with z85 leaf springs. hub to fender bottom, 25 inch front, 25.5 back. 1 inch wheel spacers all around. total 5 inch backspace, (0 offset) i'm looking at 275/70/18.

the question is...... nitto terra grapplers, or wrangler duratrac? or any other options bf goodrich at, etc.

just thinkin about the tread style, like are the wrangler's too aggressive for the steering

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
I'm also looking at the Nitto Terra Grapplers too; but for my Tahoe.

I just put Nitto NT555s on my 355 and lover them. Not only great dry traction, but the wet weather traction is the best of any tire I've had to date

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
today i went out to rake my truck front and rear so i'm not at 25 inches. i'm 23.5 front and 24.5 in the back. after that i headed over to ntb and got it aligned. my tire choice was basically made for me there.

they couldn't get duratacs but they can get the nitto's in four days, and they have a special on tires. buy 3 get one free. uh...decision made.

tirerack has them about 30 cheaper per tire, but buy 3 get one free? i remember that kind of stuff back in the 90's.

yes i'll throw pics up after they're on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Probably not a bad way to go.

I have Duratrac, and it's a lot of tire for daily driving. I could easily have something way less aggressive. I purchased them for the look, and for snow as I do get snow on occasion. Or I can go find snow should I desire.

For the average highway cruise and around town, they are a little noisy and get to you after a while. They are wearing nicely though. But again, for the average driver the tire is more than necessary.

I'm sure you'll be happy with the Nitto's.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Which tires? zq8 specific! Now with pics!

Ugh. Let me start by saying it looks great, and most importantly, it rides pretty frick'n good! I attribute that to the belltechs up front, new ranchos in the back, and more sidewall than I've ever had in my life.

I talked about what I had to do here:
http://www.355nation.net/forum/lifting/126986-lift-advice-2wd-z85-ls.html

Sooooo my problems...
Rubbing? Only the back of the front wells. Like a lot.
I had to take off my front wheel spacers now the front is -24, four inches backspace. That solved most of the rubbing. Barely rubs now at full turn, but I also had to take off the weights that were mounted on the inside of the rim. They were hitting the spindle. I have about just over a quarter inch of space between the rim and the spindle.

I'm looking into the 1.5 body lift now. Like I wanna order it today. I remember ordering the smaxx shock spacers from the site. I don't see where to order the 1.5 kit. does that kit come with the mounts to move the front bumper up 1.5?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More pics for ya. Old zq8 parts. check out that new bug deflector!
the back still has the one inch spacers but it's even with the front

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts