·
0 Posts
CCC: $139.95

GTC: $115 Powder coated black or clear.

Just for visuals. :shrug:

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
The jtr is easier. The ccc and gtc both attach to the frame the same so your going to have to remove the brackets for those.

I have the ccc member. I like it. I would go with the gtc because its cheaper than the ccc and its powdered coated.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Do you have to make holes in the frame for the ccc or the gtc? it looks like the jtr crossmember just bolts to existing holes. you have to cut the brackets for all three anyway...

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
You only have to trim the brakets if you dont want to remove them for the jtr.

Yes you have to drill holes in the side of the frame for both the gtc and ccc. The hardest thing to do is remove the brackets thats it. Everything eles is super easy. Come on guys you can do it.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
I was looking at the jtr x-member pics again and it looks like it could be done with a sawza and a new blade. I would say that this is going to be the easyest one to install. I think the belltech one isnt even out yet and it looks like it installs pretty much the same as the jtr. But I beleave the belltech one is going to costs alot more than the jtr x-memeber.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I was looking at the jtr x-member pics again and it looks like it could be done with a sawza and a new blade. I would say that this is going to be the easyest one to install. I think the belltech one isnt even out yet and it looks like it installs pretty much the same as the jtr. But I beleave the belltech one is going to costs alot more than the jtr x-memeber.
the beltech one is 214.56 from comp

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
You only have to trim the brakets if you dont want to remove them for the jtr.

Yes you have to drill holes in the side of the frame for both the gtc and ccc. The hardest thing to do is remove the brackets thats it. Everything eles is super easy. Come on guys you can do it.
I may be wrong...but by the looks of the bracket...wouldn;t you still have to remove the whole thing. I just don;t see how on;t chopping off the bottom section would allow for the new crossmember to be installed to the frame rails. Does anyone have pics of the xmember installed??????????

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I may be wrong...but by the looks of the bracket...wouldn;t you still have to remove the whole thing. I just don;t see how on;t chopping off the bottom section would allow for the new crossmember to be installed to the frame rails. Does anyone have pics of the xmember installed??????????
the JTR bolts from underneath...not inside the frame rails like the two that were posted.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I also have the CCC member. It came out to like $170 to my door. Install went pretty smooth as well. Only bitch I had is cutting off the stock brackets. It wasn't a hard task to do, just time consuming. I also thought I could get away with not taking the exhaust out. I did, but it would've been easier to take it out like they say. I'm also impatient as hell, so after using a cutoff wheel and getting peppered with sparks, I said eff it and busted out the air chisel!! haha

I'm happy with mine but if I had to do it again, I'd go with the cheaper of the 2. They look identical. Or maybe the JTR since it's a little easier to install......

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Out of those two I would go for the GTC, since it's cheaper and powdercoated. If I ever get around to lowering my truck I'll probably go with the JTR.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
crossmember.jpg Well guys i'll be the first to tel you that the GTC one is awesome! Garriet does some awesome work!! We did mine and it only took a few hours get the torch out and cut them frame brackets off grind down what you didn't cut then spray the frame black. We didn't cut holes on the outside we just worked thru the small hole and got the supplied nuts and washers in from the smal hole on the outside of the frame, just so i din't have to patch the frame up!Oh yeah and you have to notch up your exhaust a lil too! Mine didn't come coated cus i wanted to paint mine heres a pic

1 - 20 of 49 Posts