Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im swapping in a turbo 6.0 LQ4 motor , http://www.355nation.net/forum/proj...tty-white-v8-6-0-turbo-ls-4l80-sleeper-6.html , if you want to follow the build, and im at the point that I need to install a water pump on the front so I can get all the accessories back onto the motor.

the original water pump that cam on the LQ4 is a truck/Van which I believe is part number T7052 from advance, ive also looked up the part number for the Colorado 5.3 v8 and its apparently PN T7053 which looks close to the truck van one but the top water output is a little bit different

ive also thought about the Fbody style, but It would require 3/4 inch spacers but ebay has the spacers tapped so that it would solve the steam line tie in issue.

I figured I would check with yall to see what has worked. I have not cut the alternator side bracket

·
Registered
15 Posts
im working on finishing up my swap now using an LM7 (same water pump you have). i was able to make the factory 5.3 colorado hoses work. lower dropped right in, upper needed a little cutting (using the stock I5 radiator. i havent gotten far enough to see if the upper hose is going to be an issue routing an intake, but at first glance i think there is enough room.

for the steam port, i just T-ed it into the heater core return.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts