Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a connection on some tires while on a vacation trip. My big os where pretty bald so I got some new tires at the same size. First of all I've never heard of these tires and why the eff do they look skinnier than my last tires. Yet they're the same size. Any who I got em yesterday and put about 500 miles on them. Any input is appreciated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't be suprised if firestone was the parent company of these. TBH they look like some HT tires. There quiet as heck too. No wine what so ever. I tried looking up info on them via Google and found squat.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've never heard of them. They look good and you'll probably get descent wear outta them. Keep us informed as they wear.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Quick google search just brought up that they are Chinese tires and not the greatest quality. Some people have ran them with no problem, others have had issues

·
Registered
994 Posts
Look Chinese... chinese-ish name anyway.
The quieter tires seem to have rounder sidewalls with more/closer tread/siping-> My Michelin Primacy's are like that.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That makes me so uckFin angry because it's not like I can return them. I hate the rounded sidewall look. Changes the look of the truck in my opinion. Four hundred plus dollars wasted. Like money grows on trees or something. I should have looked at the tires before I agreed to have them put on. This move was extremely dumb on my part. Now I gotta figure out how go get out of this hole without spending an arm n leg. Gerrrrr!!!!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look Chinese... chinese-ish name anyway.
The quieter tires seem to have rounder sidewalls with more/closer tread/siping-> My Michelin Primacy's are like that.
Thanks Yeehaw the rounded sidewall is exactly what makes them look thinner. I HATE that look. Is the other option called a straight sidewall? I need to know, so I know what to ask for when I get tires from now on.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
That makes me so uckFin angry because it's not like I can return them. I hate the rounded sidewall look. Changes the look of the truck in my opinion. Four hundred plus dollars wasted. Like money grows on trees or something. I should have looked at the tires before I agreed to have them put on. This move was extremely dumb on my part. Now I gotta figure out how go get out of this hole without spending an arm n leg. Gerrrrr!!!!
Why are you angry? You weren't forced into them. You saw tires, you thought about it and made a decision at that moment. If they are quiet and balance nicely, I don't really see a problem. The fact they are quiet helps show they don't have any manufacturer defects right now. And balancing means they are actually round (not defective and out-of-round).

They are quiet because of tread design.

How is the money wasted? $400 is a bargain for tires. You won't have to buy tires for at least 2 years, so break down the $400 cost for 2 years.

If you find somebody to buy them, you're going to be out even more money purchasing a 'better' set of tires. You need to then sell these and break even. If you want to talk badly about them, will you really feel good about making a profit by offloading them to somebody who takes them off your hands?

In the long run, the tires are going to be a good purchase as they are on, functional and prevents you from having to spend that money that doesn't grow on trees on an expensive set.

I say just be happy and enjoy the new kicks.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks man I needed that. I did not see the tires before I purchased them. A call was made to see if he had the size from a third party. He had them and I just went for it because I didn't know there was a different style tire since I came from a tire I liked.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Yeah, in the end you still have new tires. As long as the ply doesn't separate or somehting else stupid, you should be set.
Unless the 'look' of the tire is something you can't live with I'd say carry on. :)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
My Dunlops have a pretty narrow tread for a 10.5" wide tire. I'm satisfied by the performance and the price I paid though. I do prefer the look of a more aggressive tire like the Duratrac with its sidewall biters, but I did not want to pay a lot more money for that look.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, in the end you still have new tires. As long as the ply doesn't separate or somehting else stupid, you should be set.
Unless the 'look' of the tire is something you can't live with I'd say carry on. :)
I really like the wide look. The last tires I had obviously were straight sidewall apparently because my truck looked bulky. That's a bad ass look I wanna peruse if I can. Someone on Craigslist offered me 200 bucks for em. I can't entertain that unfortunately.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
My Dunlops have a pretty narrow tread for a 10.5" wide tire. I'm satisfied by the performance and the price I paid though. I do prefer the look of a more aggressive tire like the Duratrac with its sidewall biters, but I did not want to pay a lot more money for that look. If spacers can take care of the narrow issue my new tires are having then a solution has been found lol.

If that picture is with the rounded sidewall (narrow) then it looks cool. Did you use spacers on the front? If so how wide because I'll pick some up if I find a deal.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
No spacers, but I am running 8" wide wheels with 0 offset, 4.5" backspace. That makes the tires stick out farther than with the stock wheels.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I see, would hub centric spacers take care of the slight rubbing I have at full lock out? If so would it make sense to get them on all four tires or just fronts? I don't wanna have the Baja look if I only put em up front haha

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Moving the wheel in the fender well isn't going to fix the way the tire looks.

There are definitely some issues here with you and the appearance.

I hope you find a solution that allows you to sleep at night. haha May you not have nightmares of 'rounded' tires.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Moving the wheel in the fender well isn't going to fix the way the tire looks.

There are definitely some issues here with you and the appearance.

I hope you find a solution that allows you to sleep at night. haha May you not have nightmares of 'rounded' tires.
Thanks for the info on the spacer. And indeed there is an issue with the tires because chances are if these tires last as long as they may then they're the last cause the new Collys on its way lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts