Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was at Home Depot yesterday and saw a guy with a V8 Colorado so naturally I had to go shoot the shit with him since its very rare I see another V8. So we started talking he told me he had had his transmission go out on him twice, both times were covered under warranty, first time was a rebuild and the second time they put in a brand new one. Why do I bring this up? Because I have had my transmission go out on my V8 Colorado too and I have about 20,000 on my rebuilt transmission. Have you guys had any problems with your transmissions? His truck was a 2012 and mine is a 2009. I'm getting ready to throw a supercharger on my truck, and in addition I'm installing a efan and transmission cooler. I'm a little worried about the stock transmission now to tell you the truth though.

·
Premium Member
2,499 Posts
1st Transmission failure blamed on servos. 2nd transmission (rebuilt failed 2hrs after pick-up, it baked itself to death). 3rd transmission good.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Haven't had any transmission problems. "v8chevycolorado.com"- That brings back memories. It just suddenly disappeared.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Mine is slipping at 5000rpm at WOT. 24k miles, but I'm sure the turbo is to blame lol!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Superior servos at 40k, now at 92k. Had trans serviced at time of servo install. No new problems. Gotten used to trans seemingly slipping when making a sharp turn and attempting to gas it, just revs then slams hard. Even after a tune I have never been able to spin the tires, just hooks and goes.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
NO prob, 26608mi. so far. only firmed up the shifts thru the PCM/BCM

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
build a 4L70E if your going all the way

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
sorry but your better off getting a 4l80e and a shift kit and be done there is a reason when you go to build 60e that just about every thing gets replaced with better parts and it still dont last been there done that

1 - 20 of 50 Posts