Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious---who has the stock leather bucket seats?
I used the heat function on mine today---damn...even the low setting is hot. They should be nice in the cold winter months here in Northern NY. Has anyone had any problems with the heat function? My seats work fine--just curious how everyone else's have worked and if there's been any problems.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Is this a mod you've recently added or are you just not using the stock feature?

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
I like mine, but is San Antonio the opportunity is rare. Lol. I usually just turn them on when I get in during the winter and turn them off when I exit the neighborhood once it has warmed up. They get too hot for me even on the low setting. My wife left hers on low until it thermal limited or something to that extent. It turned it self off. She tried it again the next time and it came on, but took longer than mine to heat. I told her she was going to break it... lol

There was another thread about trying to limit or reduce the heat. Someone posted some info on the resistors.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Mine get pretty hot. When I bought the truck, we hopped on the highway to head back home. Few minutes into the trip my ass was on fire, but since the truck was new to me I didn't know how to turn it off. What a relief when we hit the next exit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine get pretty hot. When I bought the truck, we hopped on the highway to head back home. Few minutes into the trip my ass was on fire, but since the truck was new to me I didn't know how to turn it off. What a relief when we hit the next exit.
LOL...same here. It was only 30 degrees here in Northern NY today and I turned the driver's side on low on the way home from work. It felt good, but holy cow...they get hot even on low. I was surprised---I don't think I'll ever use the high setting unless it gets about 30 below up here.

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
To me they're just like heated grips, they're there to take the chill away, not to ride with on for the entire trip.

They get hot even on low so I turn them on to warm up when the HVAC heat hadn't quite gotten warm, then turn off 5-10min later. My wife on the other hand can ride with them on all day, boggles the mind.

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
To me they're just like heated grips, they're there to take the chill away, not to ride with on for the entire trip.

They get hot even on low so I turn them on to warm up when the HVAC heat hadn't quite gotten warm, then turn off 5-10min later. My wife on the other hand can ride with them on all day, boggles the mind.
Exactly my situation. Lol

·
Registered
634 Posts
I wouldn't mind buying a set of heated seats. When I bought my truck (used) it had nothing with it. Not even grab handles inside the truck. So I've been adding all the stock shit. I just added the mirror with temp and directions. I think its bad ass now lol. Let's me know when I buy my next one to get it new with all the shit since I know what it's like to not have.

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts

They get hot even on low so I turn them on to warm up when the HVAC heat hadn't quite gotten warm, then turn off 5-10min later.
I agree. However, sometimes I leave mine on longer and don't think about it. Seems to me like they aren't as hot after you get used to it or don't think about it :shrug:

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
I've always been afraid to ride with the heat on all the time. Snow machines have heated grips and one of the rookie mistakes is to to ride with them on all the time, if you are doing any technical riding, the bottoms of your hands will start to blister because the bottom of the hand is sweating, You don't notice because the outside of your hands are still being cooled by the outside air even with gloves on.

Now by no means do I do technical riding sitting in the seat of my truck, but I can't imagine a blister on my ass!

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
I hardly ever keep mine on longer than about 10 minutes. There have been a couple times when I left them on longer not thinking about them. And a lot of times I don't even use them if I remote start it ahead of time. But yeah, I don't want a blister either :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm finding it's the same with me--I turn mine on for the first 10 min or so on my way to work, then shut it off. I haven't dared try the high setting--low is too hot as it is. Even my wife, who loves heat, says that the low setting is the most that she can stand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts