Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OLDGUY,
I called JASPER Engine Rebuilders-
They do NOT have any rebuilt 3.7L in stock.
You have to send them your 3.7L and they will rebuild it for= $5434.00 CRAZY MONEY!!

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been browsing around for a replacement 3.7 liter last 6 months. They are are there in used form it seems. Didn't run across anything new/remanufactured. Youtube vids on rebuilding the I5 yourself were perhaps fake news........ but they looked damn real to me in thinking that a used motor is the best source (headbolts snapping and the balancing chain deallie). Unless your going to change to a v8 which also seems to be quite involved. Had a local shop near me that took on a variety of makes involving motor rebuilds..... closed down unfortunately. I wouldn't know where to go.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
is this the part number you used ?
GM Part No.: 12626562
Engine Asm,Gasoline (Goodwrench)

·
Registered
2 Posts
While searching the web, I could not find anybody selling rebuilt 3.7L motors?
I know why they are not as plentiful as the 3.5 I have a take out 3.5 out of a 2008 I tried to put it in an 06 it wont work timing sensors on front 3.5 has 2
3.7 has 1 I have rebuilt the 3.5 so the 3.7 won't be any more difficult these engines keep oil in them they run for a long time I have a 3.5 215 k miles on it I keep the oil changed when it says to

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know why they are not as plentiful as the 3.5 I have a take out 3.5 out of a 2008 I tried to put it in an 06 it wont work timing sensors on front 3.5 has 2
3.7 has 1 I have rebuilt the 3.5 so the 3.7 won't be any more difficult these engines keep oil in them they run for a long time I have a 3.5 215 k miles on it I keep the oil changed when it says to
Seems it is easier to find a 3.7 for a hummer than a colorado.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts