Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Once I’m back home, I’m planning on installing the new motor in the truck and finishing up the chassis fabrication. Then it’s off to the paint shop..

·
the guy that always on
3,237 Posts
I'm still in the works of swapping in my dana 44. Trying to light a fire under my buddy's ass to fix his welder so I can weld on my perches. Then I'm saving for Qa1 rear shocks and Qa1 coils for the front. I don't plan to get rid of this truck anytime soon, even after I get a new daily. Also working on something with front brakes but I need bigger wheels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trying to light a fire under my buddy's ass
I have friends in Tucson who will do it for you, super simple to weld those on

I want to upgrade the sound system and drop the Colorado!!!!
I like the drop the Colorado part! I have 3” lowering control arms for the front, they have new bushings…

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
Nice! Bet you're looking forward to it.

Fair warning, it is literally freezing here right now. I've had ice on my windshield the past 3 mornings. It snowed the other day too.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I sat outside and drink beers with my neighbor last night.........it was 20*

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
Just picked up a harley, so that'll soon become the dd.

Which means I can actually work on the truck without having to rush to finish. Need to:
install my alarm
put in my 4.10 front and rear gears
order new wheels
design the beadlocks
get the beadlocks lasered and welded on
bigger tires
get the rest of my exhaust ordered (just need an o2 bung, v-band flange and some tubing, already have header, muffler and cat)
design the LT kit (mainly I really need to do the spindle design)
MAKE the LT kit
install the LT kit
buy glass fenders
install glass fenders
install my steering rack mount kit
finish making the new grab handles
fab and install steps/rock sliders
design and fab front and rear bumpers

Idk what else lol, but I know there's more that I'm forgetting...it's still too fucking early on a Monday.

·
the guy that always on
3,237 Posts
I'm still in the works of swapping in my dana 44. Trying to light a fire under my buddy's ass to fix his welder so I can weld on my perches. Then I'm saving for Qa1 rear shocks and Qa1 coils for the front. I don't plan to get rid of this truck anytime soon, even after I get a new daily. Also working on something with front brakes but I need bigger wheels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I never ended up having your buddy weld my Axle. No money plus no time equals no mods. I now have a welder tho. Which is a big plus. Im just too damned lazy to crawl under my truckand figure out the factory pinion angle so I can burn in the new perches. Plus its not fun crawling under a lowered truck in the dirt

1 - 20 of 22 Posts