Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a post in the meets section for the CFSM 2020 meet. I am trying to edit it but keep getting a message i can only edit so many times per month. The OLD PLATFORM allowed editing anytime. Get it fixed please. I already do not come her for anything else, but I am still organizing this meet and I need the ability to edit anytime to keep a list posted in the thread of who is attending.

I already quit using this forum for anything but my meets, don't give me a reason to disassociate these meets with this forum.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the message I get, "You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days " I haven't edited any posts in longer than seven days. been doing this for 3 days now. What is up with this crap?

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 days and still not one single answer from someone who is either running this site or a mod or admin or anything? And you idiots wonder why no one comes here? Best 355 forum to lamest in less than six months because you changed the format so CFANS could dominate. Want to sell the forum, have someone who will buy it!!!!!!

·
Administrator
19,139 Posts
I attempted to look into this, but unfortunately my view of "what's the point" continues to grow as further restrictions are placed on me as an admin or continuously fighting to get those back or being told "we handle it". The longer amount of time it takes to get anything done now is ridiculous and there's not enough fight left in this dog to change it.

Based on the past years of work put into the site and what it's become today, now I rarely frequent any forum or try to help make them better. Sorry to say it, but the old days are done and won't return. 🤷

·
Super Moderator
3,617 Posts
I'm pretty much the only mod that checks here occasionally. For some reason Verticalscope decided in their infinite wisdom to not allow a post to be edited by the OP after a day or something like that. It's stupid.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty much the only mod that checks here occasionally. For some reason Verticalscope decided in their infinite wisdom to not allow a post to be edited by the OP after a day or something like that. It's stupid.
Yes it is. They have screwed this whole forum up. Crying damn shame!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for all the time that you have spent on here in the past!!!!!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
So, let me make sure I've got this correct.......Us "regular users" are frustrated and seek help with problems with the updated site and we go to the Administrators and Moderators to get help, then the Administrators and Moderators have to get "permission" to make changes or get help from them to help us?!?! I have been frustrated with the wrong people! I assumed our Administrators and Moderators had lost interest. So sorry guys. So, I've done a little research on Verticalscope. One of their subsidiaries is "fixya"! Has anyone ever successfully gotten any real help from that site? What a piece of crap that is! Their "experts" never seem to do anything but say they need more information or give totally incorrect or irrelevant information.
So, we've turned the site over to someone who contracted to "help", "improve" and/or "modernize" the site and they have completely taken over and destroyed it. I guess now there's no turning back because they have set some proprietary crap in place so that nobody else could ever get in to make changes?
FANTASTIC!!
Well, I left the COLORADOFANS site in a huff and cancelled my account. Guess I'll have to crawl back and be for forgiveness and set up another account so I can get some help when I need it.
THIS SUCKS!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,617 Posts
Coloradofans is the same setup as this site... Verticalscope owns Coloradofans. It's just way more active due to the popularity of the 2015+ models

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I attempted to look into this, but unfortunately my view of "what's the point" continues to grow as further restrictions are placed on me as an admin or continuously fighting to get those back or being told "we handle it". The longer amount of time it takes to get anything done now is ridiculous and there's not enough fight left in this dog to change it.

Based on the past years of work put into the site and what it's become today, now I rarely frequent any forum or try to help make them better. Sorry to say it, but the old days are done and won't return. 🤷
Well, in my humble opinion, which it is obvious that Verticalscope cares nothing about, this is the worst forum I am currently involved with. It was a nice place to visit, but it has become a ghost town, and the guys here with the knowledge on these trucks are no longer visiting the page. Time to exit permanently. If you want information from me about CFSM, find the FB group, I will make you a member of that. I manage and run that page and it allows me to do what I want.

Thanks for nothing Verticalscope!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts