Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Random idea just popped into my head as I was perusing the internet.

Stumbled across a set of fiberwerx fenders and was curious to see what people would think about slapping an Xtreme kit (flares and reworking the skirts) onto the fenders and bedsides...

Random idea. Hell, I don't even know if they would have enough room on the flat section of the flared fenders to even mount the Xtreme flares to.

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:lol: All these low and wide Subarus and Audis floating around the internet have me dreaming. :lol:

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
I'm scared to pull my fenders. Don't wanna mess them up

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
dont think it would work. almost all those fiberglass wide body fenders have a much MUCH different shapped wheel well

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good point, plus messhing plastic and fiberglass doesn't work that well.

But I bet I could come up with something with some Z71 flares.. :naughty:

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
10,390 Posts
Boyd , ill look later but I remember way back someone modding a set of z71 flares to work with the xtreme kit . And also Ivan has pix of his truck low with the McNeil fenders and bedsides

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I know what it looks like with the wide fenders... just not if it would work/bolt/clip up to them do to the angles and curves. I honestly think that a set of Z71 flares modified with a set of Xtreme flares could be done though.

Then just cut the bottom of the Z71 flare off at the bottom and attach that to the lower skirt section.

or just cut it up so that it blends back into the lower skirt.

Get some wide ass wheels or some spacers to push my current set out, cut whatever I hit when turning and call it good. :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
That would be the general idea, though I would keep the flare and skirt seperate for ease of installation. Plus, it would be modified to keep the masking abilities that the Xtreme flares are known for.

Basically, the idea is now to create the exact look I have, but wider by about 2-3" on each side. :lol:

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
You have skill and are meticulous, get some fenders and bedsides and go get some mat, resin, etc and do a one off. I think the xtremes would be a long shot and take a lot of fill work, etc if the lines ever came together. I love the wide body rally idea. I would like to find a reg cab 3.7 later to do it to

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You guys have pretty much convinced me to add this to the list of things I will modify on the truck, though after a few things being pointed out and my lack of ability to search (as pointed out by the above asshole) I think the fenders are a little too wide to look decent for what I am trying to achieve.

Though, some modified flares could be just right, especially if I pulled them back in at the bottom where it met up with the skirt to show the lower portions of the tire.. Obviously not exactly like this, but similar concept:

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
My idea has been my current wheels with small spacers to put them flush or slightly outside fiberglass fenders and wrapped in these. Maybe -2" crank from stock, not slammed but low with meaty tires filling the fenders, I think it would give a mean look

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts