Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently as I'm coming to a stop I notice a fairly harsh vibration. Once I come to a complete stop it goes away. I don't feel it as I'm accelerating. Just under deceleration under about 10mph. Could it be the clutch? I checked all my fluids and they are good. I have an 05 3.5 Z85. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Warped rotors ??? :wtf2:

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Something got to be loose...Somewhere. Your saying the rotors are warped???

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea the rotors are warped. I can feel the brake pedal move in and out while I am stopping. But that is under braking at any speed. And it isn't that bad. But this vibration at low speed is pretty bad. I don't know what would be loose to shake like this. It doesn't feel like anything in the suspension.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It almost feels like in a manual transmission when you let out on the clutch too much without giving it enough gas.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Maybe someone will chime in for you.... I would replace the rotors or get them turned if they are able to.... No matter what the problem is if it is "not" the rotors causing this...They going to need replacing anyway.... Keep safe !! :355group:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I tried to do the rotors, but I couldn't get the bolt on the back side of the hub by the ball joint loose. I tried soaking it in penetrating oil for 2 days and an impact and it still wouldn't loosen up. That sucker is STUCK. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
N.P. Hope you get the gremlins out of it !! :salute:

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Sounds like brakes to me too.

Don't take an impact to the brake hardware if you can't loosen them by hand. They are small, last thing to do is bust them off.

Sounds to me like it's time to take it to a brake shop for a test drive to me. The best reason I can think of is because they will sit down and feel the vibration instead of us reading the words from across the world with no idea what it means.

I never feel my brake pedal pulse with warped rotors because fluid doesn't push bakc up into the line, past the Master cylinder and behind the brake booster to push back on the pedal.

I'm do to get my rotors turned soon. Unless I can get rid of the truck sooner. LOL (hoping for the latter).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like brakes to me too.

Don't take an impact to the brake hardware if you can't loosen them by hand. They are small, last thing to do is bust them off.

Sounds to me like it's time to take it to a brake shop for a test drive to me. The best reason I can think of is because they will sit down and feel the vibration instead of us reading the words from across the world with no idea what it means.

I never feel my brake pedal pulse with warped rotors because fluid doesn't push bakc up into the line, past the Master cylinder and behind the brake booster to push back on the pedal.

I'm do to get my rotors turned soon. Unless I can get rid of the truck sooner. LOL (hoping for the latter).
I just really don't think it is the brakes, because I can slow down to that speed (about 10mph or less) and if I let off the brakes without coming to a complete stop it continues vibrating until I come to a complete stop. I was thinking maybe an engine or transmission mount was worn out, or maybe the clutch starting to go out.

I know it was a long shot, but I was hoping someone had a similar problem and could tell me what it is. Just wanted to exhaust all options before taking in and have to pay big $ for a shop to look at it. Thanks though!

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Put it in neutral as you're slowing. Then you should be able to tell if the clutch is bad/failing.

I didn't interpret it properly the first time when you said it only vibrates when you decelerate. I took that to mean during braking. Disconnecting the drive line (neutral) should remove the possibly drive line concerns.
Sorry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts