Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be in the Dallas/Fort Worth for about a week in Dec. Can anyone recommend any good restuarants to eat at and places to check out after my Vender class is over?

·
Camo Princess
6,198 Posts
Ah ok. Well we will be having a meet pretty soon if you want to join us. And as far as restaurants go. Um.... I honestly have no idea. I know there's a quaker steak and lube around there has good food and neat wall decorations.

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
If you like cajun, I'm sure there is a Razoos around that area. Gator tail is yummy! Carollton is I35 in that area is a mess if I remember right... i would head north on I35 and go towards Lewisville for food. Lol

There is a Razoos not to far up 35 in Lewisville.

·
Professional Lurker
577 Posts
Bone Daddy's if you like T&A, it's full of win and the food's reasonably decent too.. We've actually hosted a couple of meets there for the DFW chapter. There was a TV show based in the Redneck Heaven in NW Ft. Worth, it's another T&A restaurant, tho you're mostly paying for the view, the food's about average.

Buddy of mine named Elias has a restaurant called HG Supply Co over off Greenville Ave in Dallas - I don't remember the price point, but he's an awesome guy and used to manage the flagship Saltgrass Steakhouse in DFW (speaking of which, if you haven't had a steak from Saltgrass, I also highly recommend that place) HG Supply Co has a facebook page if you want to look them up.

For Mexican food, Joe T. Garcia's in Ft Worth has IMHO the greatest salsa on the face of the planet, you can't go wrong with them. To much further east and I'm outta my element, I'm a western Ft. Worth guy.

·
Professional Lurker
577 Posts
there's lots of history in Dallas, the JFK museum is consuming, easy to spend hours getting lost in there (tho it might not be open after you get out of class) - it's in the old book depository - you can also walk the grassy knoll and they have X's where the two shots hit.

Dallas Aquarium is also amazing, I usually hit them up about once a year. Uptown Dallas has tons of bars/restaurants all really close together, if you're looking for stuff all kinda piled in close, tho it's a bit pricey in that part of town.

Shops at Willowbend isn't too terribly far from Carrollton, just as quick shot up the tollway, tons of shopping and restaurants there too.

City of Grapevine has a really cool old, time main street with lots of history and shops, as well as a whole corridor of restaurants off the freshly finished highway expansion and the Southlake Town Center is just 5 minutes west of there - can't go wrong with either place for both sightseeing and shopping. If you're single, the eye candy in Southlake is pretty spectacular as well, lots of trophy wives/girlfriends and high dollar cars. If you want to see some absolutely breathtaking homes, look for a street called "South White Chapel" in Southlake - some absolutely gigantic mansions over there - since you'll be there in Dec, you'll prolly see some pretty fantastic christmas light jobs as well, they spend some serious cash dressing up those houses. (I know, I used to do them :p)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah ok. Well we will be having a meet pretty soon if you want to join us. And as far as restaurants go. Um.... I honestly have no idea. I know there's a quaker steak and lube around there has good food and neat wall decorations.
I'll be there between Dec 7-14.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
My classes are in Carollton
What kind of classes? My company has a training center in Carrollton. I like to eat at the Saltgrass Steakhouse when I am in town.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Nope, not my company. I am a technical service advisor for an HVAC manufacturer.
I have also heard that if you are a fan of Fast N Loud on Discovery the Gas Monkey Bar and Grill is a good place to go....but I have not been there myself yet. It is supposedly somewhere nearby.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
X2 on Razoos

·
Professional Lurker
577 Posts
Gas Monkey grille is over off 35E and Technology, near Cowboys Red River.. Not a bad area to go to, you've got several food options and can check out the ladies at Red River or catch a movie at the theatre...

Wish I was gonna be in town those days, my girl n I know a bunch of people at Red River

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Company is sending me to Dallas again next month. Is there any shows or anything else going on the 2 weekends before Christmas?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts