Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2004 z85 4x4 extended cab and i want to put ar 172 baja wheels 15x8 6-5.5 +19mm offset and 5.25 backspacing with 235-75-15 mud tires will these fit and how will they look anybody running these pics would help

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
I wouldn't see any problem with those fitting. That comes out to like a 29 inch tire a lot of people run a 31 so I would see a problem...you could prolly go a little bigger, and just crank your TB

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
With a 235 wide tire, that offset is probably fine (don't say offset with backspace - they cancel each other out). It will stay tucked near what stock is.

But I think an 8" wheel is too wide for a 235 (9") tire.

Wow, that's like the 5th time in two weeks where I've said that. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
The truck in the picture looks like it's probably the same truck as yours (2wd Z85).
If it isn't what you drive, ask the seller what size the tires are too so we can determine how big/small they will be for your truck.

I am sitting in the sun and I can't see detail on my screen too well, so if that truck isn't what you have then I apologize in advance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The truck in the picture looks like it's probably the same truck as yours (2wd Z85).
If it isn't what you drive, ask the seller what size the tires are too so we can determine how big/small they will be for your truck.

I am sitting in the sun and I can't see detail on my screen too well, so if that truck isn't what you have then I apologize in advance.
I have a crew cab this is a regular cab in the listing I emailed him asking about tire size

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
I am running 235 on Z-71 wheels ... They are great on them !!!

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Without saying for certain, that's probably fine.
It measures 28.7" tall. A 4x4 comes equipped with a 29" (28.88") tall tire.

If your truck comes with a 225/75-15 stock then you're pretty darn close to stock with the 20" option. The diameter of the 225 option I specified is 28.3".

Plus, it fits on the truck in the sales ad. It's pretty wide though....I'd ask the seller if he rubs anywhere.

225 stock vs 275 new = big difference. I noticed they poke though.

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts