1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Pale Hooker
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I can't tell from the link what the product is.

A 2wd base model has coils. All Z71's (including 2wd) are equipped with torsion bars. All 4x4 have torsion bars.

If you are looking for torsion bar keys, they are all the same no matter who you purchase from.

How much do you want to raise the front? If you have torsion bars you may not need keys.

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
Unless the truck has a lot of miles on it you can probably get 2 or 3 inches of lift out of the stock keys without wasting money on lift keys

·
Registered
15 Posts
You must get an alignment after cranking your keys, you will have alot of toe in after a hard crank, you will have lots of rolling resistance and will destroy your tires if you don't get an alignment

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Ready Lift is $pendy...got my kit here for 1/3 of price and they still have additional 10% off w/free shipping that's under $90 for the same parts: 2004-2012 Chevy Colorado PRO Lift Kit

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,275 Posts
What happened to your other truck?

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Flipping a ball joint is not always necessary. Adding a ball joint spacers is generally not a recommendations for 'just because reasons', but rather is used when needed because of bind or alignment woes. If the torsion bar lift is within normal spec, the spacer is not required to align.

Neither the flip, and/or spacer will change the way the vehicle rides or drives.

·
Pale Hooker
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my old truck shit the bed. I had a Cruze for a while and realized it was gay as fuck. So, I bought a new colly. This time with the 5cyl and 4x4

What happened to your other truck?

·
Pale Hooker
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Nice! Just PB blast the pi$$ out of your rear shackle bolts...mine were pretty much welded on.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Torsion bar cranking isn't an exact science. The amount of lift achieved is directly related to the amount of sag your torsion bars have experienced. One person will achieve more/less than another based on the condition of their torsion bars at time of installation.

Also, a good solid number for maximum height (not by lift standard) is to measure from the center of the front wheel hub to the fender lip. Stop lifting when you reach 24". If your torsion bars have hardly sagged, you may get barely over 2" and done. If you'e way sagged out, you can use the potential built into the new key and achieve nearly the 3".

So if you sit at 22" right now, no you won't get 3" because that will exceed the limitations of the front geometry design. Disclaimer - yes you can go that high but you will not have any suspension articulation (it will bounce off the ground). Your ball joint will bind against the UCA resulting in near-future cracks and excessive axle wear.
I have slightly exaggerated - but not really.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
ok, will do. Did it actually give you 3in in the front? My truck looks pretty well leveled out. Just wondering if its actually legit
I'll let you know soon, ran into a snag w/the shackle bolt snafu last weekend so I couldn't get to the front yet...see here/post #17: http://www.355nation.net/forum/lifting/35670-torsion-key-tool.html

Now don't forget, like @08Canyon indicated, you're changing some drive angles in the front. I bought the Suspension Maxx differential spacers to bring things back in-line, after the front keys are set.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts