Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so right now i have 35% tint on my front windows and 5% tint on my back windows and i thought i would get pulled over for that so i didnt get any darker on the front. but i havent been messed with in 6 months so i want to go darker. i was thinking 5% on my front and back then getting my windshield done in 35% or 20%. what do you guys think?? how bad will they crack down on that in cali??

·
Registered
979 Posts
i have had the same 35% oh fronts and 5% on rears for over a year now. no hassle. but i dont know about 5% on the front.. super dark man.. and 20% on the windshield would look bad ass but it would be pitch black at night...

all in all.. if its already illegal GO MAX!! lol...

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I wouldn't go darker than 35% on the windshield. 20% is too much for night time driving on the windshield, IMO.

35% is just fine, but realize, with 5% on the sides, hell, even 15% on the sides, a cop WILL notice you have 35% tint on your windshield even during the day 'cause he/she wont really be able to look in when driving by.

I don't know if you noticed, but I have 50% on the windshield, 15% on the sides and 5% on my back window. I got popped late last month and the cop didn't notice my windshield. But if you were to line it up with another car, you can clearly tell it's tinted.

Dmax has 5% all around and 50% on the windshield. lol. A little much IMO 'cause he can't see shit at night, but it looks good. hahaha.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I have 5% on the rear sides and 20% on the rear so I can back up at night (Keep in mind this is ontop of the privacy glass)

25% on the front windows (33% is legal limit here), I wish I would have gone darker though because I still get a small glare.

All in all I wish I would have gotten 35% on the windshield, the tint does a damn good job of blocking the glare through the sides but the windshield is a big hole lol.

I think you will be happy with 20 on the front windows, idk what the limit is in Cali but here I don't think it would be too much darker than the limit to attract that much attention.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I would do 5% on all your windows, 35% on the windshield.

Trust me, if they want to bust your ass for tint.. they will. Otherwise, what I said above is the darkest you can go before visibility becomes any issue!!!! ;)

Ride dirty bruddah!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
i got 20% on the fronts...no probs, looks dark and clean. im always weary about the windsheild but fuck it what ever makes u happy!!

keep riding illigal!! haha

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
yeah I got 5% on my side windows (all 4) and like -5% on the rear window with nothing on the windshield... its hard to see to backup at night but it looks killer.

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
here in va the law is 50% on the front doors and as dark as you want on the rest. nothing on the windshield

i have 20% all the way around and havent gotten pulled over

1 - 16 of 16 Posts