Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 chevy colorado. Lately, I have been having trouble with the mist setting on my windshield wipers. The mist pump works fine and the wipers start out fine, but wipers keep going. Sometimes I can turn on the regular wiper settings and turn then turn it off, but today I had to turn the truck off in order to get them to stop. Most of the time they return to the correct position, but I have also had them stop at random places sometimes as well. Does anyone have any idea what parts are going bad or where to start diagnosing this? Is it as simple as a relay, or is I more likely to be the switch or BCM? All I can find that is related to this is a rather complex circuit schematic that is over my head.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I had similar problems a few years back and I disassembled the wiper motor and cleaned the brass contact disc. It had a few carbon spot that that kept it from doing a full swipe on mist. Somewhere here there is a write up on removal and repairing the wiper motor. After my repair several years ago it has worked like new.
Luck

·
Registered
313 Posts
This is my post about this .
Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts