Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wipers quit working on my 2005 Colorado, but when I turn them on I can hear the relays click, is my mfs bad or is it the wiper motor

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Welcome to the Nation.

Are the wipers inop in all settings? No one can determine what the problem is without some hands on troubleshooting. Could be a wiring issue including a bad ground. Could be the motor or switch or BCM. There are two relays, one could be defective. Do you have a meter and the capability to check for power and ground?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I beat my brains out working on mine. The grease in the motor gets all gunked up and it messes up the contacts inside. Have you tried manually moving the wiper arms? Also, the ground is in splice pack 105. Cart can tell you better than me which one that is. When I hear contacts clicking, but nothing is happening, I've found it to be either low voltage or a bad ground. Specifically if it's a "click, click, click" sound. There are two relays, a fuse and also a diode all associated with the wipers. Ultimately, the cruise control stopped working as well as the wipers and I replaced the multi function switch. I sure hope you don't have to replace that. Getting that airbag off of the steering wheel is nothing short of a magic trick! There are videos out there, but they can't really show you what's going on. You have to just fiddle around blindly and once you get one or two of the clips unlocked, you start on #3 and the first 2 lock back in place. It's a terrible nightmare! Do some voltage tests and let us know what you find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't have a voltage meter to check with, but my cruise, turn signals and dimmer switch all work. The click I hear is when the switch hits high speed and pulse

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
With no way to troubleshoot the problem you are pretty much stuck with rolling out the parts cannon and throwing components at the truck to see what fixes the problem. Keep in mind that it could be a simple wiring issue.

If you want, you could check the ground as OldGuy suggested. In the engine compartment, on the left (driver's) side, there is a small black box attached with one bolt to the inner fender wall near the ABS Module. Remove the one attach bolt and clean the fender wall and the tab on the box and reinstall.

Also, there are two fuses to check. Wiper 25a fuse and WIP/WASH 10a fuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts