Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm not doing an engine swap but this is the best place for my problem. I just finished swapping my cab for a rust free cab. My truck is a 2006 Colorado 4x4 3.5 with a manual trans. I bought a cab from a 2005 Colorado 4x4 2.8 manual trans. The new cab came with the wiring harness from the inside of the cab out along with inner fender wells, so I just unplugged my engine harnesses and flopped them on the engine while swapping cabs. So far the only difference between the trucks that I've noticed is the engines and the 2.8 truck did not have fog lights and mine does. Well I almost completed the swap without a problem until I got to the electrical plugs by the main fuse box under the hood. There is one set of plugs that don't match. They are the plugs between the battery and the main fuse box. I looked at a wiring schematic but couldn't find what I was looking for. The plug from my original cab has 11 prongs and is slightly larger. The plug that is on the 2.8 cab only has 10 prongs. Anyone have any idea what these wires control and possibly a solution to the mismatched plugs? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, those appear to be the correct ones. Now can I take my plug off my original cab and insert the wires from the new cab into it to adapt to my engine harness?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing that the 2.8 body harness doesn't have that my 3.5 engine harness does is the Air Pump Relay Control. Is that going to cause any problems?

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
You need a special pin extractor tool to remove the terminals from the connector block.

The air pump can feature be turned off in the PCM with HP-Tuners.

You can purchase the 11-pin plug from CP-Wire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts