Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running an external fuel pump and want to tap into the fuse box. #46 fuse is keyed hot for power seats. I don't have power seats so I was wondering if I can put a connector to the hot pin and run an inline fuse to my fuel pump. I don't want the hassle of having a manual switch that has to be turned on and off. I want the pump to run when the key goes on. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Not sure that is a good option for a circuit that you want to be controlled by the ignition switch. The wiring schematic for the 2005 Colorado seats indicates that fuse #46 is "hot" at all times. I have the power seats and they operate any time.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure that is a good option for a circuit that you want to be controlled by the ignition switch. The wiring schematic for the 2005 Colorado seats indicates that fuse #46 is "hot" at all times. I have the power seats and they operate any time.
That doesn't match my truck. It's not hot until I turn the key.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh Ha! You are correct. I double checked it and 46 is always hot. I went to the power window terminal instead because I have window cranks. I'm almost there now. What an ordeal. Basically created an entirely new fuel system; tank, pump, lines, vent hoses, and electrical. I just need to wire up the new gauge and It's done. o_O I wasted a lot of time trying to use the stock tank and fuel sender.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts