Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just replaced the clockspring earlier today, fired up the truck, drove it around a little bit, everything was fine.

parked it, went inside for an hour or so, came back out to go for another drive, went to fire it up and it won't crank, no chime, radio, dash lights.

when key is in the run position, only the check engine light comes on the dash

I connected a snapon solus scanner, ran thru the settings, when the scanner says to turn the key to the run position, i do that but the scanner doesn't detect that the key is in the run position.

its not obvious things like a dead battery, bad starter, etc..

I do not believe this is a passlock problem.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Why isn't it a dead battery?

Maybe disconnect the battery and clean your connections.

I don't know what the mega-fuse is for, but maybe locate that and see if it has failed?

That is about all I can come up with in the meantime.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
battery is fine, engine cranks strong when i jump the fusebox starter relay

Pretty sure megafuse fuses alternator output and doesn't factor in between battery & fuse box.

I found this video and it is very very close to what my truck is doing

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QSYHeNwkKiA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Colorado TBC fuse removed - YouTube

in the video he doesn't have dome lights, where I do

But the dash looks exactly like mine does, i get the same check engine light that is in the video, no radio, no dash illumination when the headlights are turned on, etc..

I'm wondering if my bcm went?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In case anyone reads this in the future, I figured out it was the aftermarket scosche lan gm door chime module failed, i disconnected it and the truck came alive, plugged it back in and truck wouldn't start.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Interested although understandable. That is in direct communication with the BCM which does most the electrical switching. I was going to mention the ground packs if you hadn't solved it as I was reading. It sounded like the classic BCM ground faults some of us have come across from the crappy ground prep at GM.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Dang. I considered if you had an aftermarket stereo.

Don't replace that harness with another Scosche. They aren't a preferred harness.

GMRC or GMOS harnesses are the two preferred.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts