Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a set of 6.5 Ma audio components and i removed my door panel to install them. i remebered hearing something about having to remove a piece from the original speaker t omake it fit. i took the black piece and tried to put it on my speaker and it won't fit. Any ideas? how did u wire ur tweeter up?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Well as for the tweeter,did your components come with a crossover,cause thats how I did mine.For 6.5 I just put it in without that peice,fit perfect.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i have a crossover but i don't know how to wire it up in the door. i'm using factory wiring.

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
you have to get a speaker wiring harness. i got mine from best buy.

mine didnt fit either. so what i did was screw it in the top hole of the door and then zip tied the other holes to the door panel where the holes would have screwed in. ghetto? most def it is but no one sees it, no rattling, and it was quick and easy.

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
oh ya make sure you put the foam in between the door panel and speaker before you install as well.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok. but won't this work head unit to amp amp to the high input on the crossover and just wire it up.

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
fuck i for got you had crossovers. honestly ive never dealt with crossovers:shrug: sorry man

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i'm kinda confused there is a high input, tweeter hook up, woofer hook up, and a low input. i don't know where to hook the amp to and what's supposed to hook up in the other spot.

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
yea i'm kinda confused there is a high input, tweeter hook up, woofer hook up, and a low input. i don't know where to hook the amp to and what's supposed to hook up in the other spot.

you run your RCA's to your amp from the HU. then run the speaker wires from your amp to your speakers or in this case i guess your crossovers. so your going to have to run speaker wire from your amp to your door panel. you should see - + outputs on your amp, thats your speaker output.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mine does to it just has an extra input one high input and one low input.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
it all depends on how u want to use the speakers. They give u the option for low mid range tones or highs like vocals and shit..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts