·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:drunk:-5.3 motor and trans from a Tahoe
-all steel Front end from my imagination
-Leather electric Seats from the Tahoe
-Will be adding Electric windows
-will be customizing the bed ( see inspiration for new bed)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
W O W ! What an idea. It may look a little strange, but I think it will surprise many people.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I do love the custome stuff!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far I have about 4K invested, lots of time, blood sweat and tears with the same idea as you, to make a Hot Rod out of an ordinary truck. I'm 69 by the way.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I’m not going to tell how old I am!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
And I call myself "Old Guy" here. I'm a spring chicken of 58. You guys inspire me! Actually, you guys put me to shame! I'm still enjoying a little wrenching on occasion and was recently considering selling off a couple of projects around here, but after seeing this project and knowing your ages, I'm going to get to work on those projects.
'01 Supercharged Bonneville - I'm going to whip you back into shape! I've got most of the parts I need to get over 300 HP out of the supercharged 3.8L motor. It was my pride and joy for years, but blew a head gasket and I replaced it as my daily driver with the Colorado. So, I'll get to work on it and it'll be a sweet highway cruiser for my wife and I to take on vacations. There's nothing like cruising at 80MPH in a car with incredible ride quality and seats that are more comfortable than my Lazy-Boy recliner!!
Thanks for inspiring me guys!

·
Internet Troll
1,253 Posts
Man, I'm the same age as OldGuy..Maybe a couple of months younger, but too beat up over the years to do a lot of wrenching anymore.

As far as the spring chicken part, I'm more like the mid Autumn one myself....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts