Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can find a work truck drop in floor. The vinyl /rubber type. After I get my leaks fixed I wanna just throw one of those in there. Lot less maintenance imo. I called a local shop and they can do it for $375. But I can get a pre molded drop in carpet with padding for like $150 online. Didn't know if anywhere offered something DIY.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Just search the various gm parts sites and select work truck. IIRC it was around $150 for the rubber floor as well. I plan to do the same so I had looked it up at one point.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Their carpet for crew cab is $126 to start. Their site says vinyl is also available. Looks to be + $10 on their base price for carpet.

Factory Style Fit Chevy Truck Carpet or Vinyl for Chevy Pickup
I've looked at carpet at that site. I just called and he said he can't do vinyl. He says he cant do it for the Colorado or Canyon. Not sure why. I'd be ok with carpet I'm just worried if I don't fix the leak it'll ruin again. The stealership "fixed" it after I bought it but it still has standing water when it rains.

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
I would source the leak myself and repair the leak. Or source it and take it back to the dealer with instructions on where you want it repaired. Then buy new carpet. Maybe even go to the service manager at the dealer and raise hell if it is the same location they previously repaired. Make them foot the bill for ted repair and new carpet. If the service manager doesn't treat you with respect, take it to the general manager.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
In my experience, my windshield was not properly sealed from the factory and was weaking under the dash on to the e-brake padel onto the floor; simple fix.

Have you identified where the leak is? If you find the actual source of the leak and fix it right....there should be no reason why you can't run a normal carpet kit.

I recommend find the issue first

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In my experience, my windshield was not properly sealed from the factory and was weaking under the dash on to the e-brake padel onto the floor; simple fix.

Have you identified where the leak is? If you find the actual source of the leak and fix it right....there should be no reason why you can't run a normal carpet kit.

I recommend find the issue first
I assumed it was the third break light like everyone was saying. That was replaced. My headliner all along the back window is nasty now. And most of the standing water is on the driver side, back bottom corner of my cab. I have an extended cab. And it runs all the way to the front floor board. I'll take it all apart soon hopefully and find it. Thanks you guys for the help.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
3rd brake light again or possibly the rear window seal. If they used another stock seal on the brakelight when they fixed it, that most likely failed again. You need to use silicone or some sort of weatherstripping that fills the gap better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts