Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm wanting to see if anyone n the nation would want to buy a pair or a whole set of these grab handles. They are made out of 550 cord and are basically unbreakable. Can be made out of any color combo.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,882 Posts
I have never considered 550 cord unbreakable. Lol.

Only as strong as the weakest link which is 1 strand at the connection point. 550lbs. Take 225lb guy and apply full death grip and hard cornering. It may still brake.

But it probably is stronger than the plastic it replaces.

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Considered how it's intended to be used, I couldn't imagine a better material for the 'oh shit!' handle. :thumbup: :lmao:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never considered 550 cord unbreakable. Lol.

Only as strong as the weakest link which is 1 strand at the connection point. 550lbs. Take 225lb guy and apply full death grip and hard cornering. It may still brake.

But it probably is stronger than the plastic it replaces.
I weigh 205 and can lift myself out of the seat with one handle. So PRACTICALLY unbreakable. A single strand has 550 lb breaking strength. When woven it multiplies. They'll get the job done haha

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have a way of getting the stock handle off, there is a plastic piece underneath it that will over everything up. You need like a dremel or something. I couldn't get it off.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
For 2 just $20. If people think that's okay.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep. Which color on the outside?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks for the likes on Insta also! haha

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I did actually. As the title says, I am trying to gauge peoples interest in them before I start actually producing them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd be in for a dark grey and yellow pair.

It looks like the hinge pins could be tapped through to separate the factory handle from its baseplate.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
I would like a set of OEM type... If anyone takes a set off for these... Thanks !!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts