Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Plugs look the same, but i dont know about the orientation of the pins, i bet it would if you could find a wiring schematic of that one and ours and make a harness if u had to, or could be just plug n play either way its a good price

·
Factory Fresh
1,898 Posts
It might work but it might not fit your dash trim. The H3 dash is completely different to ares thats why it has the silver face.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
It will need to be unlocked in order to work with your truck... As already stated... Good luck on getting it working... Have you thought about a aftermarket unit... Getting that one unlocked would go along way towards buying a new H.U.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much would it cost to get it to work in my truck, and where would I do that at? I was planning on getting an aftermarket one until I saw this, I just hate aftermarket ones with a passion. They all look like shitty China special plastic, you can't easily dim the bright ass LEDs, the stupid plastic shroud never looks good, I see my friends resetting their presets and settings basically every time I see them, and they're just ugly overall. If I could get this to work for relatively the same price with little to no modification on the bezel, I'd rather use this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
If that unit will actually work in your truck (I don't know if it will or not), it costs like $30-$50 to program it from your local GM dealership. The unit needs to be programmed based off your VIN.

That's the basic cost to get one stereo to work in a different vehicle.

Also, there are some good install kits out there. I have an aftermarket in mine and it looks pretty clean, in my opinion.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just looked @ a few pics on Google, and that appears to be an LED to help in loading CDs, not an AUX port. Thanks for the help anyways, looks like I'll just get a Kenwood or something...

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
My Kenwood looks like it came OEM ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts