Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I ordered the Xtreme grill assembly from GMpartsdirect.com. PN# 17801101. The description said "red". Thinking that the Xtreme is only offered in Victory Red I assumed thats what the grill would be Victory Red...NOPE! Its the darker red...WTF?? Anyone have a phone # for them? I wrote an email to the "customer service" but no response yet...This is some BS! Why the hell would it not be Victory Red???

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
ok so I ordered the Xtreme grill assembly from GMpartsdirect.com. PN# 17801101. The description said "red". Thinking that the Xtreme is only offered in Victory Red I assumed thats what the grill would be Victory Red...NOPE! Its the darker red...WTF?? Anyone have a phone # for them? I wrote an email to the "customer service" but no response yet...This is some BS! Why the hell would it not be Victory Red???
is it the one where the mesh is chrome and then the chrome stripe around it?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Yeah bro, there's a post in the part number thread about it being the dark red and not victory red.

Someone else also found out the hard way.

But nevertheless, it is already painted, so it shouldn't be too difficult to have it properly painted.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah but I don't have money for that also...I was hoping I could just replace mine...this sucks...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yeah bro, there's a post in the part number thread about it being the dark red and not victory red.

Someone else also found out the hard way.

But nevertheless, it is already painted, so it shouldn't be too difficult to have it properly painted.
yeah...me, :wtf2:

also the phone number should be (336)760-7000 im not sure if thats the number, but its what it said on the itinery (sp?)

but i took a different attitude on it and went by a local paint shop and they did it for me for $100

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know if they offer a Victory Red Xtreme Grill?? Whats the part Number for that??

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Hit up 1badI5 - he's got a body man around Ft. Meade.

·
Registered
763 Posts
that sux dude, yea i would like to know who his paint guy is to becuase im gonna have all kinds of shit that needs to be painted soon, side skirts, roll pan, bumper cover, and mirrors, possible even a hood but dunno about that yet. gotta love christmas paychecks

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe if we find someone he'll can get us a good deal...Jeremy hasn't responded to me yet.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Maybe if we find someone he'll can get us a good deal...Jeremy hasn't responded to me yet.

Sorry guys I have been hella busy with work, and this upcoming deployment back to Iraq again. If each of you just let me know I can get prices for you. My truck is still in the shop. Hes really hooking it up, but it will take time. Joe's a good guy, but hes a business man running a million plus a year shop.

For $2500, here it is. The suspension work, lower bumber, lower airdam, complete grill sheel and paint, cowl induction hood, paint on the whle front clip, shave tailgate and paint, replace SS rollpan with a steel unit from FBI and paint. Also, paint my SS mirrors too.

Jeremy

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No worries man...when are you leaving again?

I just need to find someone to paint my new grill...I'm thinking about getting the FBI pan as well...I like the clean look...When is your truck gonna be done?

·
Registered
763 Posts
im sure it will look clean there jeremy, as for the list i will send you a pm really soon. btw good luck with iraq man.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Well I hope everybodys holidays were good.

I have to go check on my truck today; guy is starting to drag ass....I think.

I leave for GA on the 5th and dont return til the 12th. Then on 16th I leave for CO till the 30th. So I guess I won't get my truck til the end of Jan b/c I will be gone.....that sucks.

On a good note though, my gf got me a $500 gift card thing for StylinTrucks for X-mas as well as some goodies for the garage.

So what should I get for the Rado next.....I think the wiper cowl is a def. What elsr though??

BTW, Chris and Kris.....can you guys PM me your numbers....my new phone took another dump on me.

Jeremy

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Ok, got an update. On Friday I went to the bodyshop and to my surprise......
There was great progress. Here is the deal:

1. All suspension work was complete; minus the alignment.
2. The damage to the tailgate was not worth fixing...BONUS, new tail gate and it was shaved and painted.
3. The new FBI rollpan was installed and painted; only problem, no brackets. So my body guys were fabbing some......solid!
4. The cowl induction hood was installed and painted.....badass is all I can say.
5. The rest of the front clip was completely painted(both fenders/both flares and front bumper.
6. Lower bumper plastics and airdam all replaced and new.

The remaining work will be the alignment, new grill shell, and paint SS mirrors. So hopefully by the end of the week I'll have my Rado back. I should be able to get some pics this week tho.

Jeremy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts