Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
ooo thats no fun. still under warranty? ive had mine 3 years and it looks like its about to start pealing off but hasn't yet... i'm ready with the 3m double size tape. :D

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
covered under warranty.. i don't think so.. just 3m tape that bitch back on..

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the truck new exactly a year ago, if the dealership our family has bought 7 cars from does not cover it I am going to light a fire under their ass :mav2:

Even more exciting is my factory head-unit has trouble reading CDs.

And I don't know if you guys have this but there's this little rubber/adhesive strip on the very front of the dash on the inside of the windshield that is coming off too. We'll see if I can get them to do something about it all.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I bought the truck new exactly a year ago, if the dealership our family has bought 7 cars from does not cover it I am going to light a fire under their ass :mav2:

Even more exciting is my factory head-unit has trouble reading CDs.

And I don't know if you guys have this but there's this little rubber/adhesive strip on the very front of the dash on the inside of the windshield that is coming off too. We'll see if I can get them to do something about it all.
I had both of my roof molding replace under warranty no questions asked. i think you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i got rid of my stock radio bc of that reason.. it never read off my cds.. damn mp3 piece of crap radio...

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
yeah that should be covered under warranty. you should nt have a problem

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had that same problem with the piece by the windshield. It started to move and covered the vin# so I cut out a section.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
They'll take care of the weatherstripping, no problem with that. You may even be able to get them to fix that piece on the front of the dash, but be warned. The entire dash has to come out to replace that piece, so I hope you trust your dealership to get it all back together right.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
I got the same problem, noticed it when I was getting my oil changed and couldn't see the VIN
same prob here but havent done anything about it.

The entire dash has to come out to replace that piece, so I hope you trust your dealership to get it all back together right.
and this is why I havent done anything about it.

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
brakenit beat me to it. fuck having those monkeys take out the dash for something like that. too many mistakes that can be made just to have them tell you that squeek was there before.

·
0 Posts
I have the same issue but mine was caused by the asshole who installed my new windshield...he was in a rush and careless...I'm still trying to get them to fix it...idiots

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Yeah, my weather stripping just over the dash has started to come out, but I don't want the dealership to screw anything up so I haven't taken it in yet.

They seem pretty good. They took care of a creak in the parent's Yukon XL -- one of the crossmembers or something needed replacing (common problem, I guess) and they immediately knew what it was and solved the problem.

I may try out the dealer who unlocked my radio. Maybe get them to cover my radio under warranty too. Occasionally, some CDs don't like to go in and are pushed back out.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The dealership here seems to be decent, my family has bought at least 10 cars from them so I'd hope they'd be generous enough to get it done right.

I may try out the dealer who unlocked my radio. Maybe get them to cover my radio under warranty too. Occasionally, some CDs don't like to go in and are pushed back out.
Happens all the time to me, 3 out of 4 times it won't read my MP3 discs either. 3 or 4 of the buttons on my radio don't light up anymore either.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The dealership here seems to be decent, my family has bought at least 10 cars from them so I'd hope they'd be generous enough to get it done right.

Happens all the time to me, 3 out of 4 times it won't read my MP3 discs either. 3 or 4 of the buttons on my radio don't light up anymore either.
The lights on the radio can't be replace so if you under warranty go get a new radio

·
HO IT
2,153 Posts
I had the rubber molding replaced in the roof 3 days after I bought it, it leaked into the headliner after a hard rain. No questions asked by the dealer. I also had the molding on the passenger's side replaced within a few months and the entire head unit replaced under warranty, it wasn't reading any CD's after about a month.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts