Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So driving home from work to get a delivery I had to sign for and stopped at a red light the truck misfired. I just got the new head on... :dawg: :dawg: :dawg:

Hopefully it doesn't happen again and it was a fluke... but if it does i'm goin back for another :lol:

Z

·
0 Posts
Did you ever get video of the misfire??

I never know if mine is doing it because it runs fine except once in awhile i come to a stop and the rpms bog and the truck raddlles alot.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you ever get video of the misfire??

I never know if mine is doing it because it runs fine except once in awhile i come to a stop and the rpms bog and the truck raddlles alot.
A misfire is quick... it never bogs during the misfire. It's like a quick drop from idle to 300rpms and back to normal in about a second. Also mine only does it in drive and completely stopped.

And to answer your question, no I never took video of the misfire it was to random and quick.

Z

·
0 Posts
A misfire is quick... it never bogs during the misfire. It's like a quick drop from idle to 300rpms and back to normal in about a second. Also mine only does it in drive and completely stopped.

And to answer your question, no I never took video of the misfire it was to random and quick.
300 rpms huh?? Mine drops like that, but not quite that low. And thats what i meant by bog. I'll come to a stop and it will drop for a second and come back. Never had a CEL though.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
300 rpms huh?? Mine drops like that, but not quite that low. And thats what i meant by bog. I'll come to a stop and it will drop for a second and come back. Never had a CEL though.
Is it a violent drop? It's not like a decline in rpms it's rapid and it kinda feels like the engine is shutting off. But yeah on the rare occasion my scangauge updated right when it happend i'd see between 300-400rpms from the misfire.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Is it a violent drop? It's not like a decline in rpms it's rapid and it kinda feels like the engine is shutting off. But yeah on the rare occasion my scangauge updated right when it happend i'd see between 300-400rpms from the misfire.
yea the rpms drop like a rock and then spring back up.

Z

·
0 Posts
yeah, feels almost like i stalled it but then saved it at the last second

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Goto the dealership with the letter and tell then your story, be as nice and understanding as possible and be prepared for them to keep it to run tests to approve the repairs.

Z

·
0 Posts
Goto the dealership with the letter and tell then your story, be as nice and understanding as possible and be prepared for them to keep it to run tests to approve the repairs.
Thanks. Ill run it to the "good" dealer on friday with the letter and try my luck.

I hope i can get a rental from them if they do repair it though. School starts on monday for me.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. Ill run it to the "good" dealer on friday with the letter and try my luck.

I hope i can get a rental from them if they do repair it though. School starts on monday for me.
HIGHTLY doubt you'll get a rental... I asked and they said GM covers ONLY parts and labor, technically it has nothing to do with the dealership besides them ordering the parts and installing them.

Z

·
0 Posts
HIGHTLY doubt you'll get a rental... I asked and they said GM covers ONLY parts and labor, technically it has nothing to do with the dealership besides them ordering the parts and installing them.
Sure, but i shouldnt have gotten a rental when i went in for the ABS sensor. But i did. and that was from the dealer that doesnt like me.

It might not have to do with the main company of GM, but if the local dealership wants to keep good customer service with this incident then they will cough up for a rental. Afterall its not like a problem wear and tear caused. Its a factory fuck up thats completely inconviencing you. One that would have been avoided had I(we) chosen a different brand of truck.

ANyhow, ill let you guys know on friday night.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sure, but i shouldnt have gotten a rental when i went in for the ABS sensor. But i did. and that was from the dealer that doesnt like me.

It might not have to do with the main company of GM, but if the local dealership wants to keep good customer service with this incident then they will cough up for a rental. Afterall its not like a problem wear and tear caused. Its a factory fuck up thats completely inconviencing you. One that would have been avoided had I(we) chosen a different brand of truck.

ANyhow, ill let you guys know on friday night.
Good luck, my dealership didn't budge and we've spent a lot of money there and all of the service writers know me and my family :lol:. It didn't bug me to bad I just used my company van for the week they had it.

·
Registered
845 Posts
So driving home from work to get a delivery I had to sign for and stopped at a red light the truck misfired...
Damn...thats not good. Call your Service Advisor and just bring it to his attention just in case. I hope she doesnt have to go back under knife for a second time.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn...thats not good. Call your Service Advisor and just bring it to his attention just in case. I hope she doesnt have to go back under knife for a second time.
Yeah i'm gonna holler @ her tomorrow and just let her know before I pass that 100k mark. I've got 10k left but I have a feeling i'd be covered for a while since it was supposedly fixed.

Z

·
0 Posts
Good luck, my dealership didn't budge and we've spent a lot of money there and all of the service writers know me and my family :lol:. It didn't bug me to bad I just used my company van for the week they had it.
well technically im not suppose to use my company van this way. so i'd be SOL.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yeah i'm gonna holler @ her tomorrow and just let her know before I pass that 100k mark. I've got 10k left but I have a feeling i'd be covered for a while since it was supposedly fixed.
Nice, a female Service Writer. Is she hot?

:lol:...just curious.

Anyways yea you should be covered. You do have a warranty on the parts/labor used when they did you head job. I know at my dealer its 12 months or 12K miles on parts/labor which ever comes first.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts